Art Supplies

Patriciachas

I'm sure there are more specialized places but there is a pretty comprehensive selection of paints and the like at the back of the large book store in Robinson's in Airport Plaza (4th floor) where one can ponder without having someone breathing over their shoulder :o

Can anyone tell me where you can get Art supplies in chiang mai i.e canvases artist paints brushes etc.

You can find everything you'd ever want on the third floor of the book/stationary store near the Irish Pub, about two hundred steps down Ratchawitee (sp?) from the moat on the right side. There is even a large parking area behind it. The first floor doesn't look like much, with very low key book displays, greeting cards on the windows, etc., but once you get to the second floor (stationary) it's great. The third floor has a full range of art supplies, drafting equipment, and even musical instruments! (Excellent place to get incredibly loud whistles should you wish to play a duet with the parking attendants in Airport Plaza... :o )

They carry several different name brands of oil paints, acrylics, and water colors, pre-stretched canvas as well as roll stock, full line of brushes for all mediums, and the best part; they carry gesso, matt and gloss gel mediums, etc., in bulk! They also have a good selection of ceramic tools, glazes, and clay.

If you can't find what you are looking for, the stationary shop on the third floor (why is it always on the third floor?) of Central Department Store in Kad Suen Kaew had a half decent range of paints, both oil and acrilic, and stretched canvas, and a medium supply of brushes. The other shop has 3X the variety over Central though...

Can anyone tell me where you can get Art supplies in chiang mai i.e canvases artist paints brushes etc.

You can find everything you'd ever want on the third floor of the book/stationary store near the Irish Pub, about two hundred steps down Ratchawitee (sp?) from the moat on the right side. There is even a large parking area behind it. The first floor doesn't look like much, with very low key book displays, greeting cards on the windows, etc., but once you get to the second floor (stationary) it's great. The third floor has a full range of art supplies, drafting equipment, and even musical instruments! (Excellent place to get incredibly loud whistles should you wish to play a duet with the parking attendants in Airport Plaza... :o )

They carry several different name brands of oil paints, acrylics, and water colors, pre-stretched canvas as well as roll stock, full line of brushes for all mediums, and the best part; they carry gesso, matt and gloss gel mediums, etc., in bulk! They also have a good selection of ceramic tools, glazes, and clay.

If you can't find what you are looking for, the stationary shop on the third floor (why is it always on the third floor?) of Central Department Store in Kad Suen Kaew had a half decent range of paints, both oil and acrilic, and stretched canvas, and a medium supply of brushes. The other shop has 3X the variety over Central though...

Thanks for that we have been to day everything that we could ever need ,once again thanks.