New York (jfk) To Bangkok

tomx2

So far the cheapest price available (I’ve found) online for a June departure is $1600.00.

Last year was able to get a RT for $1000.00

I assume this spike is due to the recent surge oil prices.

Should I go ahead and book this fare or are there better rates available online.

Thanks.

TC

That price is probably in line with what the costs are these days. I know Thai air has non stop flights from JFK to BKK. I fly Thai from LA twice a year and that's about what it costs me. You can get cheaper flights out of LA on China Airlines, but you probably don't want to travel across the US to save a couple hundred bucks.

Also, June is the high season for flights to Asia...

Look at EWR with EVA. There are several flights, and the cost is almost always less than TG but slightly higher than China. Service is same as TG in Y and better than China Air. The plane stops in Anchorage and you transfer in TPE but it's worth the look. Brand new B777.

What are your approximate travel dates? Do you care about airport (NYC)? Do you care about carrier, frequent flier miles?

It's very late to find the less expensive fare buckets for June; those have sold out. Look for Consolidators who focus on Asian markets as they usually still have the cheap fare buckets. Generally cheaper to fly Mon-Thu (X) vs. Fri-Sun (W).

In most booking engines you can use NYC to get a look at flights from JFK, LGA and EWR.

Consolidators should be able to get closer to $1,200, but YQ (fuel surcharge) is rising daily. Maybe $1,600 is the today's decent price point?

If you leave during the first week of June, you can get a rate of $1,461 on Air China JFK-PEK-BKK. For an extra $89, you can fly non-stop on Thai Air JFK-BKK and it will save you an extra 2.5 hours on flight time, not to metion the 2.5 hour layover in Beijing.