Siesta Time.

spellboundXY

An interesting shot.

You did well to get the camera to focus on the monks, not the stone work.

Was that manual or automatic focussing?

I am puzzled by the title.

Where does the siesta come in?

An interesting shot.

You did well to get the camera to focus on the monks, not the stone work.

Was that manual or automatic focussing?

I am puzzled by the title.

Where does the siesta come in?

yes. please excuse me, the appropriate title should have been "Break time."

when i was thinking of a title the word that appeared in my thoughts was "siesta."

maybe because it sounds nice and it's one of my favorite activity. :o

yes it is automatic focusing. continous autofocus(AF-C). i target-focused on the subject(the Monks), then press the AE/AF lock for exposure/focus lock.

i took the shot after 5.30pm when it was after closing, the Monks have done all of their works and i think were having their break time. during the day they were so busy coz there were quite a lot of visitors in the temple.

thanks.

its a nice pic but it looks like the railing has been photoshop'd in. the hand on the red box is in front of the railing, but looking at the positon of the monks, its not really possible.

pardon me if i am wrong, but it doesnt appear like an original shot to me, even though i do like it.

its a nice pic but it looks like the railing has been photoshop'd in. the hand on the red box is in front of the railing, but looking at the positon of the monks, its not really possible.

pardon me if i am wrong, but it doesnt appear like an original shot to me, even though i do like it.

greetings hello donna,

all my images are original. am still learning. to shoot and do post-processing in photoshop.

:o

am not that good with photoshop yet. just basic color/hue/brightness/saturation adjustments.

i am a lightroom adik.

here's another shot in a different angle.

actually the Monks were at an elevation and i was down below standing at where i took this shot.

thanks.

:D

post-42285-1210687268_thumb.jpg

Edited by spellboundXY

tell me about photoshop! god. i think one needs a pilots licence to drive it! all i do to my images on here is adjust automatically! i guess i am missing out then, hey!

Yes you are missing out!

Your best bet as a "novice" (I assume you are) to digital imaging is to use Adobe Photoshop Elements - CS2 and CS3 would be a total overkill for you.

Elements is totally user friendly (no need for a pilots license!) and has nearly all the attributes of its big brother.

I believe you can download a trial version - try it.

I used it a great deal even though I have the full blown Photoshop CS3 installed!