Sin Sod - Amounts Asked For -vs- Paid And Changes?

Kf6vci

did op say somewhere he got hisself a bargirl? could very well be a financial analyst who works at somchai schwab and co with degree fro m ramakamahaeng university.

lots of farang marry middle to upper class virgins from upstanding thai families.......or am i thick?

Your a bit slow for sure. EVERYBODY here married A uni Graduate and 99% never set foot in a bar. What are you talking about? :o

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sin Sod is alive and well!

along with the dowry which consisted of 900,000 baht cash and 20 baht(weight) of gold On returning to Thailand, Robert bought the restaurant Wallop had worked in for 3 million baht and gave the business to Wallop.

Leaving aside the "particulars" of this case, this is not too unusual an amount in many cases. I count this up as being about B 4M + whatever 20 baht of gold is worth at the moment. In cases where there is a striking disparity in age, I think many older successful farangs see nothing wrong with paying out such large amounts of sin sot as it's like a last chance at love and they can't take it with you syndrome. Also, in this case, this guy was obviously a repressed homosexual man some part of his life (most?) and maybe he is just making up for lost time so to speak by buying himself some young male company before he expires.

I made it quite clear to my Thai fiancé that I should be paying nothing and if pressed, I might give her mother a couple of chickens, a goat and a water buffalo. Surprisingly the mother has not come back with a counter-demand.

I also made it clear we would not be getting married in Thailand.

Lastly, my fiancé is thinking of buying her mother a little house. I said I would be happy to help out with the down payment.

I was wrong as prohibition!

The wire was not made and it didn't matter. Tong Mun was returned to the bride... And when the time came to bind money on our arms, the whole family was generous.

I'm emberassed about my unfounded worry.

And don't get me started on the custom of putting money in envelopes. Most gave way more than a day's wage!

Sin Sod is alive and well!

Here is an article from today's Daily News.

On May 9 at 8.00am in Nonthai district, Nakhon Ratchasima province, Mr Robert Rich, aged 64, a Dutchman and owner of a book export business,married his partner Wallop Khontrong, aged 30, a male from Nonthai district.

64 and 30?

When will guys wise up and see that a western - Thai marriage is not 100% Thai and therefore must by definition be a marriage of both cultures. In the west the bride's parents pay so net that off with their sinsot talk and you're all square.

On a personal note, I think my ex has secured a house in my village and a sar worth a few hundred thousand. If it is in her name as I think, then not a bad sin sot from some clueless muppet.