Will The Bars Be Closed This Weekend?

durianfan

I'm getting some info on both sides....will the bars be closed in Pattaya this weekend? I've heard yes and I've heard no...planned to come down from BKK to see a few friends but will wait until next weekend if the bars are going to be closed this weekend. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

AFAIK due to yet another election the bars will be closed from 18:00 Saturday to midnight Sunday although from about 18:00 Sunday evening the police relax a bit and some bars start opening up. There are places you will be able to get a drink but they will be pretty subdued and no gogo's will be open. If you want to hit the town and nightlife I suggest putting your visit off until next weekend. Unfortunately I am committed by my leave cycle to be passing through this weekend so am just resigned to having a quiet time :o .

Phil is 100% spot on. Fortunately I don't have my cycle this weekend so won't be bitching about it.

Unfortunately the missus has just left me and stolen my car, so stocking up could be tricky. :D

Yep ! My buddy has to close his place on Saturday, but should be open again (after 6pm) on Sunday.

A few of the boys are using this as an excuse to take a quick bike trip out of town (kind of like we did last weekend when we went to Rayong Saturday night).

As for stocking up, I'm sure that one of those delivery services (Waiters on Wheels or Door to Door) will deliver refreshing beverages if requested, as will (probably) most of the moto taxi drivers (for a fee of course) ! :D

As for me, I'll be on a plane at the time, and won't really be too worried about it at all ! :o

Phil is 100% spot on. Fortunately I don't have my cycle this weekend so won't be bitching about it.

Unfortunately the missus has just left me and stolen my car, so stocking up could be tricky. :o

yep no beer,

"18:00 Sunday evening the police relax a bit and some bars start opening up"

just on that, police called soi 6 about 9/10 on sunday and made bars put lights back off and checked for alcohol, speaking to a few bars looks more strict this weekend than last weekend!

"Unfortunately the missus has just left me and stolen my car, so stocking up could be tricky"

maybe she was watching your cycle last night tim????

"I've heard yes and I've heard no...planned to come down from BKK to see a few friends but will wait until next weekend if the bars are going to be closed this weekend"

i like a lot are thinking of leaving patters for the weekend, if you come down from bkk you will get a drink, but it probobley wont be where you wanted to and its just the atmosphere of party town looking like a ghost town, some people love it and will come out, there usually the sort who stay in for a week at sonkran!

chris

This is the beauty of living on the Darkside, folks. :o

We are outside the area of the Mayor elections and are therefore are not subject to any booze bans.

At least, that is according to my local contacts and bar proprietors. In fact one bar on the lake is having a big live music night tonight.

Enjoy your enforced sobriety you "Lightsiders", or come and join us on the Darkside :D

So if you are not in the catchment area for the Pattaya Mayoral election, then you don't really live in Pattaya, right? I always had my suspicions :o

The good news is the missus has come back, so will be down the offy later to stock up for tonight's party.

So if you are not in the catchment area for the Pattaya Mayoral election, then you don't really live in Pattaya, right? I always had my suspicions :D

The good news is the missus has come back, so will be down the offy later to stock up for tonight's party.

I am an esteemed citizen of Pong - where the booze shops never close. :o

So if you are not in the catchment area for the Pattaya Mayoral election, then you don't really live in Pattaya, right? I always had my suspicions :o

will you be going in the car tim or has that gone into the bermuda triangle!!!

So if you are not in the catchment area for the Pattaya Mayoral election, then you don't really live in Pattaya, right? I always had my suspicions :D

No, she brought it back, which was good of her :o

I am an esteemed citizen of Pong - where the booze shops never close. :o

we should try to push again for a Maprachan subforum to keep the riff-raff from the Pattaya west side out.... :D

visit to goldies braclet shop?

went to the big g on b rd buss as usual!

visit to goldies braclet shop?

went to the big g on b rd buss as usual!

No it was the Levi's shop in Royal Garden - much cheaper than gold :D