True Adsl With Tot Line

yom07

Hi,

I have moved to a new appartment with a TOT phone line already installed. Unfortunately, TOT is apparently not able to provide ADSL on that line.

Does anybody know if it's possible to get True ADSL over a TOT line ?

Kind regards,

Not get your hopes up, if ToT is not able to provide ADSL at your location, it is highly likely that True is also not able to do so.

Also check ToT again, sometimes if you go to small ToT office or call them they say cannot, simple because that is the quickest answer, and the girl was already standing to walk out for lunch. Most of the time when you hear in Thailand "cannot" or "Not have" it means try later again, or try other office. (The best is to walk into a ToT office which has a special ToT Internet Desk)

Edited by Richard-BKK

I've got a TOT phone line, and I've had TT&T for a while (first HiNet, then Maxnet). I'm fed up with TT&T's traffic shaping and general speed problems, so I've decided to give TOT a try. I'll wait to cancel TT&T until I am sure TOT works better.

Thing is, when I signed up with TT&T, all I had to do was pay money at the office and take a modem home with me. I set it up myself, based on instructions (called if I had questions) and that was it.

TOT, in my area, wants to send a man over to the house to see if my line can be connected to their service (I think). I live less than a kilometer from the local office (hopefully also the ADSL hub), so I'm not sure why they can't just send me home with a modem. If there is a problem I could call or bring it back. The upside, hopefully, is that they will spot any problems in the phone wiring that might slow down my connection, but it seems odd that they would insist on doing it this way. I don't particularly want some guy sitting down in my office to configure the modem for me when I can do that myself. :o

I've got a TOT phone line, and I've had TT&T for a while (first HiNet, then Maxnet). I'm fed up with TT&T's traffic shaping and general speed problems, so I've decided to give TOT a try. I'll wait to cancel TT&T until I am sure TOT works better.

Thing is, when I signed up with TT&T, all I had to do was pay money at the office and take a modem home with me. I set it up myself, based on instructions (called if I had questions) and that was it.

TOT, in my area, wants to send a man over to the house to see if my line can be connected to their service (I think). I live less than a kilometer from the local office (hopefully also the ADSL hub), so I'm not sure why they can't just send me home with a modem. If there is a problem I could call or bring it back. The upside, hopefully, is that they will spot any problems in the phone wiring that might slow down my connection, but it seems odd that they would insist on doing it this way. I don't particularly want some guy sitting down in my office to configure the modem for me when I can do that myself. :o

Upcountry hi, I am thinking of doing the same changing over to TOT from Maxnet. Can you post your take on the speed of ToT in comparison to Maxnet. Is it better and faster? Thanks!

I have got TOT in Chiang mai. All i can say is dont bother. Nothing but problems. Before this i lived in BKK and had TRUE. I had a lot less problems with TRUE and only wish i could have them here.

Edited by MartinBKK