How To Attract The Right Type Of Tourist / Resident

Sir Burr

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such language on an internet forum! "If you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything" as my dear departed mater used to say.

Look who's calling the kettle black.

Google that one! :o

Ted.

post-59607-1209803052.gif

Back to the topic at hand.

Surely, there must be some right-thinking people out there with some good ideas on how to improve the tone of our island home?

They are on the topic. YOU ! :o

I suggest you read the thread title.

Such language on an internet forum! "If you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything" as my dear departed mater used to say.

And he/she said that to you ?

??? :o

Back to the topic at hand.

Surely, there must be some right-thinking people out there with some good ideas on how to improve the tone of our island home?

They are on the topic. YOU ! :o

I suggest you read the thread title.

I did, sir blurr. The topic is now on you and your snobberish perceptions.

[i did, sir blurr. The topic is now on you and your snobberish perceptions.

I'm not a snob, I hate snobs. I class them with the riff-raff, too.

By the way, I think you made a typo. My name is Sir Burr. No L in there.

I whole heartedly support Sir Burr in his one man crusade to rid our beautiful island of the vulgar, the uncouth and the uneducated.

I should like to propose hefty taxation on poor dressing, having tattoos and being in the possession of a low IQ.

For our friends, who like to make use of the sex services on the island I would suggest a special Non Im Multiple Entry (ha ha) X Visa. This would cost about 10% of the GDP of Thailand.

Lastly I should like to see the landing card containing a few questions on world affairs, political geography and cultural issues. Perhaps a little practical exam on semiotic analysis could also be included.

I have a feeling that you are not being quite serious.

This guy is a scream.

Every post cracks me end.

Keep it 'up' SB.

This thread will win "TV" comedy of the year, ya gardener one will follow it. :o

.............. :D ............. :D .............. :D

Edited by Zpete

I also agree with Sir Burr.

There are far too many of the riff raff polluting the Island these days.

I think they should bring in laws to exclude anyone who doesn't meet dress standards and reasonable IQ levels or who have more than a certain amount of skin covered by tats. ( perhaps 15% could be a standard)

While these rules would exclude all NZers that's not necessarily a bad thing. :D (although more gardeners are needed in the province apparently :o )

However, the best forward step would be to permanently exclude all those rubbish, fly in/fly out rig workers who just use the place as a convienience, spend their money offshore on big ticket duty free items and rarely pay taxes where they reside. :D

Edited by Old Croc

I think they should bring in laws to exclude anyone who doesn't meet dress standards and reasonable IQ levels or who have more than a certain amount of skin covered by tats. ( perhaps 15% could be a standard)

While these rules would exclude all NZers that's not necessarily a bad thing. :D (although more gardeners are needed in the province apparently :o )

However, the best forward step would be to permanently exclude all those rubbish, fly in/fly out rig workers who just use the place as a convienience, spend their money offshore on big ticket duty free items and rarely pay taxes where they reside. :D

Well in that case you would not have too many Thais staying on the island if everybody had to dress to a code and no tats. Get real. :D

Ted.

Edited by Redted

OC, are you a KIWI?

Well, I see here we have an ally of Sir Blur. (no typo error). Phuket doesn't belong to you or the likes of Blur. It belongs to the Thai people. Everyone rich or poor, tattoos or not, whether they are desirables or undesirable to visit, stay long-term or otherwise, is not for you to decide. Every foreigner, regardless of status, has a right to be here until the imm says otherwise. It is not our right to determine who can or cannot.

Unless one who has committed a crime, and a wanted furgitive back home, I would encouraged you or Blur, to report to the authorities here of your knowledge of such a person's presence in Thailand. If not, give me a break about your hoo haas !

Well, I see here we have an ally of Sir Blur. (no typo error). Phuket doesn't belong to you or the likes of Blur. It belongs to the Thai people. Everyone rich or poor, tattoos or not, whether they are desirables or undesirable to visit, stay long-term or otherwise, is not for you to decide. Every foreigner, regardless of status, has a right to be here until the imm says otherwise. It is not our right to determine who can or cannot.

Unless one who has committed a crime, and a wanted furgitive back home, I would encouraged you or Blur, to report to the authorities here of your knowledge of such a person's presence in Thailand. If not, give me a break about your hoo haas !

You're moving in the wrong circles :D

Well, I see here we have an ally of Sir Blur.

ever heard of "sarcasm" Seagull? i guess not :D

Seagulls arn't really known to be the most intelligent of birds. :D

OC, are you a KIWI?

No Pete, but I love to tease them.

Edited by Old Croc

Well in that case you would not have too many Thais staying on the island if everybody had to dress to a code and no tats. Get real. :D

Ted.

Another one who can't quite keep up with all that goes on around him. :D

Here's a little quiz for you: What do you think other posters on this thread might do for a living? :D

OC, are you a KIWI?

Mutual, my friend.... gotta have laffs.

These 2 threads have given me so much amusement reading tonite, must thank SB.

Sad, he may be serious..........PMPL

OC, are you a KIWI?

Mutual, my friend.... gotta have laffs.

These 2 threads have given me so much amusement reading tonite, must thank SB.

Sad, he may be serious..........PMPL

So funny.  All you people getting wound up are being played like a fiddle.  

sir burrs fantasy of an island populated with the cream of western society is as far fetched as it is impossible.

his vision of cravat wearing ex ww2 fighter pilots and pinstriped old etonians roaring along the country lanes in lagondas and blower bentleys as they rush back to their million dollar mansions to be welcomed by jeeves in the vestibule and mrs. miggins in the pantry is the work of a seriously deranged mind.

thailand is a scruffy immoral country , and as such it mostly attracts scruffy immoral people.

unfortunately , in todays western societies , the people with enough money to come here are usually the ones who have done the least to deserve it , and that is why thailand is increasingly becoming a home for used car dealers , estate agents , plumbers , builders , third division footballers and those who profit from the generosity of western benefit systems.

those who posses both money and class would never degrade themselves by coming to live here and having to kow tow before sweaty and leering immigration officials , avaricious taxi drivers , put up with the potholed roads , power cuts , indolent staff , poor communication systems , innumerable scams and the lack of transparency in legal process.

a two week holiday at an expensive hotel will suffice for them.

they seek a modicum of respect , (something unattainable here for a foreigner ), in the eyes of the authorities , and thats why they relocate to the cote d'azure , the bahamas , florida and other true upmarket locations where they are welcomed at least as much as their dollar.

however expensive it becomes here , those with "fast" money will always have enough , or be able to get it.

trying to turn phuket upmarket (in terms of elegance and class) as opposed to just extortionately expensive is impossible.

a silk purse has never been fashioned out of a sows ear , and i dont expect that to change in the foreseeable future.

Wow. I love this thread. Sir Blurry is it? Hmmm My father taught me to be nice to my elders, and I have enough warnings from TV that could fill all the empty seats at D%&'s cafe in Rawai, but....

Sir Blurry, YOU are the problem. Everyone here is having fun and you are sitting in your arm chair banging out complaints, as if you had any influence at all. This isn't your home! You, like all the rest of us, are guests. So you married a Thai woman with some clout. That still makes you British. Unless you can pull out a Thai Passport, who are you to complain about anything. I am young, and I am a firm believer that "if it's too loud, you're too old!" I am not bashing my elders here.

I am not calling anyone names here, all I am saying is no matter where I go, there is always some elder who is complaining. Why would you come to a Resort Island and try to make it a small Wealthy British Colony. Look around you Sir, not everyone here is from the same country. We are all here for different reasons, and yours has become clear.

I have gone back, and I have read most of your posts (a metric ton). I know some people that would love to actually meet you and discuss the same things you are saying, so you are not alone. But condemning others for not looking like you is ludicrous. Ask yourself this, why would you live in paradise and complain about anyone else who would do exactly what you are doing. Doesn't that make you the same as them?

I would like to know if you are here working, or are you retired? Living off of a Big Inheritance from your super wealthy family? Do you have a business? Is it successful? Are you actually paying the bills and showing a profit?

Also, where do you live? What part of Phuket? You should move to Pak Loc or somewhere really isolated. I'll bet you live in Patong. Cause where I live, I occasionally/rarely see the types you speak of, but they are mostly Oil Riggers with great bodies, and big wallets. As a matter of fact, the Young People's Association I meet with, most of them are as normal and as kind as you could ask for. My cousin Todd, and his friends are mostly good husbands, with babies, and nice houses and good wholesome lives. And they have TATTOOS, and PIERCINGS.

I would like to end this because I am not going to succumb to your BS…such nonsense. I would like to say that when I am as old as you are, I hope to GOD, that I am not such a snob!

If you do run a business, I would love to come and check it out. Someone with you 'experience' should own everything. PM me and let me know. I hope it's a restaurant. I will be home on the 9th, I hope.

P.S.: You have been called a snob numerous times in this thread alone.

Daddy always says: If 10 people tell you that you have a tail, I'd suggest you turn around and look.

kisses!

~a~

Great comeback, BTW. Nevermind the questions I asked...

Little village in Kent called Buckler's Hard? Isn't Buckler's Hard in Hampshire? Buckler's Hard is very famous for being the spot where Nelson built his fleet.

If you are going to lie about stuff, google your lies first, get them in order, and then LIE.

That is the problem with Antiques. Old, Expensive, and not worth <deleted>!!!!

No, I am an American. Remember us?

Tell Lord Nelson I said "How's the fleet?"

There is, however, a village in Hampshire called Fleet. What a coincidence? Maybe you should Re-Lie, and say yourfrom there. Maybe even mention that you helped Nelson build his boats.

Kisses!!!

~a~

No, I am an American. Remember us?

Ahhhhhh......that explains everything dearie.

OK, folks, let's wrap this up (for poor amanda's sake lest she gets to look more foolish than she does already)

I don't have a hi-so Chinese wife.

I have never had a gardener or, a maid.

I couldn't give a rat's arse who comes to Phuket, or, not.

I'm an oilfield worker presently offshore in the Bay of Bengal.

The motivation for my little prank was to try and liven up my local sub-forum which was one step away from dying of boredom. If you look at the number of views, I think it worked. Hopefully those attracted to the two spoof threads, also looked at the others.

I hope I have given entertainment to some, and to those that were outraged, angered, shocked, I hope you won't hold it against me.

My sides hurt so much during this thread that I've decided to come clean (though most people had rumbled me, American females excepted)

Well, in the words of the immortal Douglas Adams "So long and thanks for all the fish".

It really has been a fisherman's dream.

Are you serious? This was a joke thread? Your intention was to liven up the thread?

I might look foolish here, but imagine what I look like in a t-back on the beach in Goa.

I have to know just one thing. And please answer with honesty.

Oil Worker? What do you do in the Oil Industry?

Are you a Roughneck? A Mud Logger? or a Comedian?

I have to know. We have a club.

~a~