Rugby 10's At Horseshoe Point

sweetchariot

I am sure it was in May last year, and was a really good weekend. Not seen or heard anything locally - the local press tend to advertise these things after the event.

For those who don't know, it is an international 10 a side rugby tournament played over a weekend at Horseshoe Point. Pattaya Panthers are obviously the hosts, last year there were teams from all over Asia, and some from Europe. Well worth a visit even if you're not a rugby fan.

Cheers,

Swing low....

Well I went along yesterday and had an excellent day. I even had a game for a Phuket team who had a few players 'missing in action' in Pattaya on Saturday night! I ended up playing with a guy who used to play with my brother back in the UK - small world.

What was noticeable was whilst their were hundreds of people there, there were very few spectators who weren't afiliated to one of the teams in some way. If anybody from the organising body is reading this you could really do with a bit of publicity prior to the event. I spoke to over a dozen friends who didn't know it was on, one who lives less than a kilometre from Horseshoe Point.

There are alot of rugby fans in and around Pattaya, and with a bit of publicity and marketing this could be a really big event.

Well I went along yesterday and had an excellent day. I even had a game for a Phuket team who had a few players 'missing in action' in Pattaya on Saturday night! I ended up playing with a guy who used to play with my brother back in the UK - small world.

What was noticeable was whilst their were hundreds of people there, there were very few spectators who weren't afiliated to one of the teams in some way. If anybody from the organising body is reading this you could really do with a bit of publicity prior to the event. I spoke to over a dozen friends who didn't know it was on, one who lives less than a kilometre from Horseshoe Point.

There are alot of rugby fans in and around Pattaya, and with a bit of publicity and marketing this could be a really big event.

This was a comment made by many people. The message has been passed on. Thanks Sweet Chariot