Cost And Availability Of Square-d Gfci Breakers?

Somtham

Last year we installed 2 GFCI breakers that had a trip rating of 10mA. The local electrical shop had to order them from BKK and they were very pricey at B2200 each. I was looking for 30mA but the Square-D catalog did not show anything other than the 10mA. One of them has been fried and I need to replace it so does anybody know the approximate cost and where I might be able to find some 20 or 30's?

Thanks

Last year we installed 2 GFCI breakers that had a trip rating of 10mA. The local electrical shop had to order them from BKK and they were very pricey at B2200 each. I was looking for 30mA but the Square-D catalog did not show anything other than the 10mA. One of them has been fried and I need to replace it so does anybody know the approximate cost and where I might be able to find some 20 or 30's?

Thanks

Try this Thai website. They have Square D products.

http://www.schneider-electric.co.th/2007/p...cts_squared.php

Try this;

http://ecatalog.schneider-electric.com/

Go to;

"Products and Services" then,

"Offers per function" then,

"residential final distribution" then,

"Domae" then,

"MCB and busbars", then

"Domae RCBO residual current circuit breaker".

You should see a picture of a circuit breaker in the right hand window. In this window, click on "Technical documents".

You should purchase the "A Type" (not the "AC Type"). It should be rated at no more than 30mA & NOT be adjustable. You want a "Curve C" device.

This is a standard DIN type device, so it should fit into your consumer unit without any problems although it will use 2 pole spaces (36mm) in your consumer unit (the width of 2 circuit breakers).

BTW, it will not be cheap. Expect to pay at least 2500 Baht for a good RCBO. I think this one may be a bit more expensive. They should be orderable through most wholesalers who stock Square-D products.

I'm curious why your other RCBO got "fried". Advice to prevent this from happening again may be available if you can give some explanation.

Edited by elkangorito

In Australia DIN rail mounting RCDs and RDBOs are available from electrical wholsalers from about AUD50. Clipsal, Wilco, Merlin Gerin, NHP etc. available in 2 pole and 4 pole, 30ma. 10 to 63 amps. It might be just as quick to get 2 or so airmailed to you from Perth. All it costs is a phone call to find out.

You could try Singapore also.

BTW, it will not be cheap. Expect to pay at least 2500 Baht for a good RCBO. I think this one may be a bit more expensive. They should be orderable through most wholesalers who stock Square-D products.

I'm curious why your other RCBO got "fried". Advice to prevent this from happening again may be available if you can give some explanation.

Thanks for detailing the link. I am not suprised that I couldn't find it the first time as it's buried so deep in the site!!

Not sure of the circumstances that fried the original as we weren't in town when it happened. It's a buried run from the panel to a pump house about 30 meters away. There are 2 pumps that continuously cycle. One is 4.8a and the other 0.8a. Occasionally there is a third pump plugged in that draws 3.4a. The plastic on the bottom of the fried GFCI/RCBO was melted so it was not just a "trip". It has been temporarily replaced with a standard Square-D 16a breaker.

rgds

Our building contractor specified SQUARE D QOvs RCBO C32 10ma breakers for all Kitchen, Bathroom, Garage, Pool House and exterior terrace Sockets, including the "direct wired" Stiebel Eltron Muti Point Water heaters that were installed under bathroom and kitchen counters. One of the Square D breakers tripped so I sent an email to [email protected]

Within 24 hours I received back a written answer in ENGLISH with 3 possible solutions. They also included a jpeg, two telephone numbers where staff understand and speak English and a fax number. This information led to a quick solution to this problem. It has been my experience that Square D implement the concept of "Service AFTER the sale" in a professional manner. I can NOT say the same for several other large firms in Thailand.

Thanks

Square D have and available through Schneider electric. They are listed between 1850 and 2050 baht each (6kA) and 3400 to 3600 baht (10 kA). Selling price between 50 - 70% of list. Certainly available through Homepro and often from local electrical suppliers. The ones that tradies use.

Square D have them listed with leak protection currents of 10 and 30 mA. And Loads of 10, 16, 20, 32, 40 and 45 Amps.

Schneider Electric have a Customer care center 02617 5555. Have a couple of English speaking support people who I found good to deal with. Don't sell directly though.