Border Runs

Hi, can anybody tell me if I still have to do border runs on a 12 month non-immigrant 'o' visa or can I have my passport stamped at the immigration office. I am living in Phuket. Many thanks for any replies.

Hi, can anybody tell me if I still have to do border runs on a 12 month non-immigrant 'o' visa or can I have my passport stamped at the immigration office. I am living in Phuket. Many thanks for any replies.

If you have a Non Imm O Multi Entry Visa obtained from a Consulate or Embassy you have to do a border run every 90 days.

Some question:

1. Just wondering if we do border run, let's say Phuket to Malaysia every 30 days, is it allow to run it for 1 or 2 years?

2. If my passport show "UNTIL 02 Jun 2008", is it mean last day to stay in THAI is 02 June? or 01 June?

Thanks.

Some question:

1. Just wondering if we do border run, let's say Phuket to Malaysia every 30 days, is it allow to run it for 1 or 2 years?

2. If my passport show "UNTIL 02 Jun 2008", is it mean last day to stay in THAI is 02 June? or 01 June?

Thanks.

The thread was about a non immigrant O visa, I guess if you are doing 30 day border runs then you have no visa? If that's the case you could only continue to do that for 90 days.

"If my passport show "UNTIL 02 Jun 2008", is it mean last day to stay in THAI is 02 June? or 01 June?"

well what do you think????

"Just wondering if we do border run, let's say Phuket to Malaysia every 30 days, is it allow to run it for 1 or 2 years?"

"I guess if you are doing 30 day border runs then you have no visa? If that's the case you could only continue to do that for 90 days"

yep

did you just arrive in bkk/thailand afew days ago and get 30 days given and have you been before if so when, or maybe a visa of some sort from another country?

chris

You are only allowed to be in Thailand for 90 days during a 6 month period using 30 day visa exempt entries. So if you want to stay any longer than that, you will need to get a visa from a consulate.

...2. If my passport show "UNTIL 02 Jun 2008", is it mean last day to stay in THAI is 02 June? or 01 June?

It means you have to leave Thailand at the latest on 2 June.

--

Maestro