Chiang Mai TV BBQ - Friday 9th May 2008

george

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to check the number of posts before March 10th in advance? I know I am over 5 today, but have no idea if I was on March 10th. I would be utterly shamed to show up and be turned away! thanks.

You had 4 posts prior to March 10th.

Your 5th was made the day after the party announcement.

Bummer! just 1 post short of the limit.

I was at the party last year, and people were talking about it weeks after. it was a cracking party, sorry I'll miss this one.

hope you all enjoy!

In response to several questions, the 5 post qualification was posted 2 months ago when the party thread was initiated and will be enforced.

This is done in fairness to all contributing members as well as the owner of Tuskers.

So the only 2 qualifications for entry is a valid login and 5 posts prior to 10 March, 2008. If you meet those qualifications, you are most welcome.

Thanks for your understanding.

my chances of coming to the party just drop by 70 % :o seem like my wife got Extra Task in her office and she might have to do some project on fri and her off day might be cancel .. which mean we can't drive down to chiangmai - i asking her to fly to chiangmai while i drive up alone . now is the harder part to convince her to take a flight alone :D

whahaha a

let see how it go . i miss the last party last years due to work , and now seem like i be missing this one due o my wofe work :D wahhaha

keeping my finger cross

In response to several questions, the 5 post qualification was posted 2 months ago when the party thread was initiated and will be enforced.

This is done in fairness to all contributing members as well as the owner of Tuskers.

So the only 2 qualifications for entry is a valid login and 5 posts prior to 10 March, 2008. If you meet those qualifications, you are most welcome.

Just a thought, it looks like quite a few members that were planning on attending before the date change won't be able to go now. And I am sure there will be members showing up on Saturday who didn't get the memo. That leaves spots open for members that may not have met the required ammount of posts. Just seems a bit unfair with the current situation to turn away members that would otherwise want to join us. Who knows, there may be another BB or UG out there but we may never know........

BTW, if the Pattaya boys are not all coming up we are going to have lots of extra beer and food, I am sure we can finish the beer but what about all the extra food?

Just a thought, it looks like quite a few members that were planning on attending before the date change won't be able to go now. And I am sure there will be members showing up on Saturday who didn't get the memo. That leaves spots open for members that may not have met the required ammount of posts. Just seems a bit unfair with the current situation to turn away members that would otherwise want to join us. Who knows, there may be another BB or UG out there but we may never know........

BTW, if the Pattaya boys are not all coming up we are going to have lots of extra beer and food, I am sure we can finish the beer but what about all the extra food?

some members who could not make it on saturday will now be able to make it on friday. so wait aqnd see

:oshudder . . . . :D

JxP

Who knows, there may be another BB or UG out there but we may never know........

Such an optimist!

I'm afraid there is no question but that in such case we would eventually have to face that unpleasant reality.

The change has fouled it up for me, too; good ole elections :o Have a good one :D

Me too, I am in BK till Saturday morning, I was hoping to get back a day earlier but I can't

More ribs for everyone else I suppose :D

Enjoy your evening

To put it all in perspective, the free parties are a way for Thaivisa to say "thank you" to the members who made the webste what it is today. It is not a membership drive but rather an acknowledgement of the contributing members and we have seen in the past 6 parties the "1 post wonders" who join for a free party, never to be heard from again until the next party.

It is not fair to the frequent or consistant posters that we allow just anyone to attend and we believe that a successful login and a 5 post minimum effective 10 March is not too much to ask for a "meet and greet", free food and free drinks.

I hope this clarifies our position, and for those who don't meet the minimum qualifications this time, we hope you will remain an active member of Thaivisa and we hope to see you at the next party.

Against all odds, I'll probably show up at the party. Alone. So maybe I can bring someone as my guest. I anyone interested, just wait for me outside Tuskers with a banana in your left hand and a 1000 Baht note between your teeth so I can recognize you. But don't expect to spend the night with me :o

Great Party!

The food was excellent, we must have collectively drunk the entire market supply of Beer Lao, and it was great to both meet up again with old friends, and to also make new ones.

A big thanks to George and Thai Visa for their generosity in hosting this party, and kudos to Chas and Rachel and the marvelous staff at Tuskers for doing such a great job.

Oh, and adjan...I think Blinky is waiting out on the soi right now with a banana in his left hand, and a 1000 B note clenched...oh horrors....not between his teeth..... :o

Great Party!

The food was excellent, we must have collectively drunk the entire market supply of Beer Lao, and it was great to both meet up again with old friends, and to also make new ones.

A big thanks to George and Thai Visa for their generosity in hosting this party, and kudos to Chas and Rachel and the marvelous staff at Tuskers for doing such a great job.

I second that! Thanks everone :o

Yep, nice time. It felt a little subdued, but still all the normal good cheer. Made alot of nice new acquaintances tonight and then caught up with several old friends. And I showed up in time for dee food. 'Dat was nice, as I'd missed it the last time by showing up late. Not a good thing to do when all the hungry TV savages queue up. And in fact tonight I'd even say ribs n chicken aplenty...most likely as some folks couldn't make the Fri party (sorry guys). Thanks Chas n Rachel for a great night, though brief, as I had to cut out to prepare for early Sat morning work. Tonight somebody else got my share of the beer.

it was a bloody good party ! .. kudos to george, buckwheat, chas, and the rest of the gang. and wonderful to meet the many faces behind them handles. Blinky Bill, love your tummy !. bet we have many pics of that.. anyone ????

Thanks for the good time everyone.

edit: i forgot.. thanks crowboy !!!!.

Edited by tigerbeer

Thanks to all those nice folks to whom we can now match faces with diks.

Some are in bad need of a hair cut. :D

There was a gorgeous (Farang) girl at that party, so gorgeous that I couldn't take my eyes off her (that was in the end, I mean after we drank all the Beer Lao) a girl so beautiful I didn't have the nerves to speak to her ("hello How are you? Need a toothpick? I brought some" and this sort of things French flirting experts usually say to stunning girls), so pretty she can't be British (Actually if she's British, that's a shame. They don't deserve her)

Then unexpectedly she smiled to me. It lasted only 2 seconds but i'll never forget that smile.

Whoever you are, Venus, I want to thank you for that smile. I put it in my pocket (with the toothpicks) and went back home with it. At home I put it in a vase by the window and, believe me or not, this morning it's in bloom :o

I too would like to say thank you very much to everyone who hosted, organized and helped carry out and make such a success of last night's Thai Visa party. I had a wonderful time, and was very pleased to meet both old friends and new.

No beautiful Venus smiled upon me, I confess, but I almost certainly would not have thought to offer her a toothpick in any case, not having the grace and presence of mind of a suave and sophisticated Frenchman, so I like to think it was for the best . . .

There was a gorgeous (Farang) girl at that party, so gorgeous that I couldn't take my eyes off her (that was in the end, I mean after we drank all the Beer Lao) a girl so beautiful I didn't have the nerves to speak to her ("hello How are you? Need a toothpick? I brought some" and this sort of things French flirting experts usually say to stunning girls)

Do you ever stop thinking about bagging the babes? :o

There was a gorgeous (Farang) girl at that party, so gorgeous that I couldn't take my eyes off her (that was in the end, I mean after we drank all the Beer Lao) a girl so beautiful I didn't have the nerves to speak to her ("hello How are you? Need a toothpick? I brought some" and this sort of things French flirting experts usually say to stunning girls)

Do you ever stop thinking about bagging the babes? :D

Nothing that vulgar was on my mind. My post was an ode to beauty. :D

I'd like to thank the following people for their kindness: Peace Blondie, Rasseru, Priceless (what a good surprise! :D ), Blinky Bill, Kevin Hunt, George (the big boss), Tiger Beer, Junior Expat, the French speaking Na (sorry I've forgotten your nickname :D ) , Buck Wheat, Mobs, McGriffith.

Many thanks to Milton Bentley (To whom I haven't been introduced), the cameramen, the electricians, the plumbers, the producers, the Lao breweries, my agent and my mother.

Sorry if I've forgotten somebody.

Again many thanks to Venus for THAT smile. :o

:D

JB

Do you ever stop thinking about bagging the babes? :D

Nothing that vulgar was on my mind. My post was an ode to beauty. :D

I'd like to thank the following people for their kindness: Peace Blondie, Rasseru, Priceless (what a good surprise! :D ), Blinky Bill, Kevin Hunt, George (the big boss), Tiger Beer, Junior Expat, the French speaking Na (sorry I've forgotten your nickname :D ) , Buck Wheat, Mobs, McGriffith.

Many thanks to Milton Bentley (To whom I haven't been introduced), the cameramen, the electricians, the plumbers, the producers, the Lao breweries, my agent and my mother.

Sorry if I've forgotten somebody.

Again many thanks to Venus for THAT smile. :o

:D

JB

Was she the stunning blond girl at the bar (Nienke+1?)

If so, I totally agree . . . stunning and Belgian!

David