Election On 11 May

Sojourner

i'm going to have a house party this saturday. Will I be subjected to the ban as well? The party will definitely involves alcohol, so.........what should I do? Help!

It's not legal to sell alcohol but nothing wrong with consuming. Buy what you need before the weekend.

i'm going to have a house party this saturday. Will I be subjected to the ban as well? The party will definitely involves alcohol, so.........what should I do? Help!

It's not legal to sell alcohol but nothing wrong with consuming. Buy what you need before the weekend.

thanks sojourner. so, what you're telling me is that the party should go on? I don't want to offend anybody, especially the authority with my party.

If it's only one day there are a number of bars that stay open but they'll only serve you alcohol in a coffee cup etc. Who knows if it is one or two days?

Oh and you can still buy from 7-11, they have cardboard etc up infront of the booze shelves in the fridge but just ignore it and grab it if you can and they will still sell it to you. Only realised that recently.

If it's only one day there are a number of bars that stay open but they'll only serve you alcohol in a coffee cup etc. Who knows if it is one or two days?

Oh and you can still buy from 7-11, they have cardboard etc up infront of the booze shelves in the fridge but just ignore it and grab it if you can and they will still sell it to you. Only realised that recently.

7-11 will not sell it to you.

Yes they will! You ask them and they will say no, but just take it and bring it up there and they do! I have done it!

Anyone been out yet tonight and know if anywhere is open??

Yes they will! You ask them and they will say no, but just take it and bring it up there and they do! I have done it!

looking forward to read your field report tomorrow. after you have done your rounds tonight :o do keep us posted.

and again 7-11 would not sell it to you..... unless they are nice enough to do you a favor of registering the sale of that alcohol the following day.

Edited by tigerbeer

Everywhere should be selling tonight after 6. I am. Last day of premier league too. All to play for, still - for some.

I had to be in town on business on Saturday night and out of interest did the rounds. It was about 50/50 of the farung bars closed. Tuskers, Number 1, John's Bar, Cosy Corner, Spotlight, Foxy, the Arcade bars on Loi Kroh all closed. About half of the top end of Loi Kroh places closed and the rest with the shutters half drawn. All the bars in the Peak area closed.

Chiang Mai Saloon and similar open. I didn't check but I am guessing that O'Malley's, Queen Vic, The Pub, and the Red Lion were open and selling alcohol.

CB

looking forward to read your field report tomorrow. after you have done your rounds tonight :o do keep us posted.

and again 7-11 would not sell it to you..... unless they are nice enough to do you a favor of registering the sale of that alcohol the following day.

We did not have a problem finding somewhere selling. All the bars on the reggae strip though (our normal drinking area) were all closed.

7-11 sold too.