What To Do About Small Brown Flying Roaches!?

muckpuk

Does anyone else have problems with those "small" brown flying roaches? :D

We live in a house on stilts amidst the rubbertrees and spend most of the time under the house. We moved last year and we found some roaches around the place. We started to spray inside the house and kept the inside house food free. Outside and in our outside kitchen we would still get some around when it started to get dark and the lights where on. But that is outside and so nothing yu can really do about it. They seem to be attracted by the light (strange for a coachroach???)After rainyseason last year we did not find any inside for months!!! Happy, happy happy. But now they are back and instead of finding one every few weeks dead inside, we now had some alive crawling around the inside living room!!!! We still sprayed once a week so I started to spray twice a week. It does not make a difference it seems because yesterday there was one inside again!!!! Is it the season? Are there more everywhere? Tell mke they will be gone in a month or even two or so!?

They really, really, freak me out, and are the only thing I really hate about living in a tropical climate. So please do not respond with any horrorstory's! :o

I try and tell myself that they will not harm me, but I can not get around the whole hygiene thing. They do not seem to be attracted by the toilet or food, tho. I have seen those big black roaches in Phuket town crawling out of the sewer, but these ones seem to fly in from the trees/forest at night/evening attracted by the light and seem to go back to where they came from. So in a way I am "lucky". I have not found a nest or something that looks like one. What does a nest look like? They all seem to be the same size 1,5-2 centimeters. The house inside seems to be very bugproof is only four years old and everythings seems to be very closed. We have screens in front of the windows and close the doors when it gets dark.

When they are in, they seem to have come inside attached to the "freshly clean" laundry.

We find them attached to the laundry outside, and they are also attracted by paper and cardboard.

I really really hate them and want them all dead, but more then that even I hate being limited in my enjoyment of being here by my fear.

Is there anyone out there who can relate to me, has a solution, whether it is about killing them succesfully and/or getting over my fear.

We do have a cat and dog in the house who do nothing about it (lazy buggers) but am also a bit limited by that. Can not have them die on me because of the poison I use to kill roaches.

I can not seem to find anyone who has similar issues going on as they either don't care about the roaches or live in a compound where they think they have none, but have the maintenace fumegate the house every so often.

Please help

Oh by the way they also have two darker brown stripes on their head. Are they roaches? They are are they?

I saw one of them in Tesco the other day and had to admit that only a roach would probably feel happy in that environment.

i get the flying ants, i only ever see them before a storm comes, and then there are hundreds of them!, again they are attracted by the light

Not much to do apart from keep your windows and doors closed.....

Does anyone else have problems with those "small" brown flying roaches? :D

We live in a house on stilts amidst the rubbertrees and spend most of the time under the house. We moved last year and we found some roaches around the place. We started to spray inside the house and kept the inside house food free. Outside and in our outside kitchen we would still get some around when it started to get dark and the lights where on. But that is outside and so nothing yu can really do about it. They seem to be attracted by the light (strange for a coachroach???)After rainyseason last year we did not find any inside for months!!! Happy, happy happy. But now they are back and instead of finding one every few weeks dead inside, we now had some alive crawling around the inside living room!!!! We still sprayed once a week so I started to spray twice a week. It does not make a difference it seems because yesterday there was one inside again!!!! Is it the season? Are there more everywhere? Tell mke they will be gone in a month or even two or so!?

They really, really, freak me out, and are the only thing I really hate about living in a tropical climate. So please do not respond with any horrorstory's! :o

I try and tell myself that they will not harm me, but I can not get around the whole hygiene thing. They do not seem to be attracted by the toilet or food, tho. I have seen those big black roaches in Phuket town crawling out of the sewer, but these ones seem to fly in from the trees/forest at night/evening attracted by the light and seem to go back to where they came from. So in a way I am "lucky". I have not found a nest or something that looks like one. What does a nest look like? They all seem to be the same size 1,5-2 centimeters. The house inside seems to be very bugproof is only four years old and everythings seems to be very closed. We have screens in front of the windows and close the doors when it gets dark.

When they are in, they seem to have come inside attached to the "freshly clean" laundry.

We find them attached to the laundry outside, and they are also attracted by paper and cardboard.

I really really hate them and want them all dead, but more then that even I hate being limited in my enjoyment of being here by my fear.

Is there anyone out there who can relate to me, has a solution, whether it is about killing them succesfully and/or getting over my fear.

We do have a cat and dog in the house who do nothing about it (lazy buggers) but am also a bit limited by that. Can not have them die on me because of the poison I use to kill roaches.

I can not seem to find anyone who has similar issues going on as they either don't care about the roaches or live in a compound where they think they have none, but have the maintenace fumegate the house every so often.

Please help

Oh by the way they also have two darker brown stripes on their head. Are they roaches? They are are they?

I saw one of them in Tesco the other day and had to admit that only a roach would probably feel happy in that environment.

Possibly flying termites?

Do they have big wings? Bigger than their bodies? Come out after a rain? Termite.

Maybe kill one and get a bug website up off of google to compare.

I'm pretty sure they are cockroaches! I also have the flying termites, which the treefrogs all eat. So I leave the outside light on so they can snack!!! But these are most def. cockroaches. Next time I'll post a picture!!!! FUN!

If my memory serves me right (not a guaranteed thing) I believe that only the female cockroach is able to fly. I also in the deep and darkest past seem to remember something about the females fly to find "nesting" areas, not much you can do apart from fumigate and keep doors and windows closed. One thing however, if this is only a night time thing, try getting a drum and keep an open fire going.This might distract them from your house lights

Does anyone else have problems with those "small" brown flying roaches?
I'm no bug expert - but my feeling is they are just young cockroaches - light brown in color and tend to fly more than walk like the adult ones.

Apart from sprays and glue type traps I use one of a selection of electronic bug zapping 'tennis' racquets I have dotted about the house.

I like the idea of fly traps made from soda bottles etc but have not felt I had a serious enough problem to spend the time doing this.

One idea that has just sprung to mind as the mouse hovered over the reply button - I have witnessed the small sand colored house lizards eating a selection of bugs (including large roaches) so maybe part of your solution is to encourage lizards around the house. Provide a nice place near doors for them to hide during he day - and a light to encourage their food to come at night?

If they are coming into your house on foot (so to speak) - I wonder if the white 'ant' chalk drawn around doors/windows would help?

HTH

Does anyone else have problems with those "small" brown flying roaches?
I'm no bug expert - but my feeling is they are just young cockroaches - light brown in color and tend to fly more than walk like the adult ones.

Apart from sprays and glue type traps I use one of a selection of electronic bug zapping 'tennis' racquets I have dotted about the house.

I like the idea of fly traps made from soda bottles etc but have not felt I had a serious enough problem to spend the time doing this.

One idea that has just sprung to mind as the mouse hovered over the reply button - I have witnessed the small sand colored house lizards eating a selection of bugs (including large roaches) so maybe part of your solution is to encourage lizards around the house. Provide a nice place near doors for them to hide during he day - and a light to encourage their food to come at night?

If they are coming into your house on foot (so to speak) - I wonder if the white 'ant' chalk drawn around doors/windows would help?

HTH

"I have witnessed the small sand colored house lizards eating a selection of bugs (including large roaches) so maybe part of your solution is to encourage lizards around the house."

I've noticed recently the lizards around my place are FAT. One this morning was so full, even though I walked up like I was going to grab him, he couldn't move his belly was so full !

We have lots of gecko's in the house. They suppossed to eat roaches as well I believe. But they seem to be more interested in pooping all over the place. By the way, yesterday I had about 40 of those flying termites in the house (screens in front of windows!!!!!) and they are nothing like the roachlike creatures I'm talking about. (i had one in again yesterday!!)

The dog likes to eat the termites so that is good, but I think the roaches taste funny as he does not seem to be interested in them, BUM!

Any more helpfull suggestions welcome!!!!