15 Month B Visa

I have a Multi Imm B visa that expires in August.

I gather that if I leave Thailand and come back into the country before the visa expires I will get another three months; in effect a 15 month visa.

A friend tried this coming back from Laos last year and was admitted back in only on a tourist visa, despite having a non-expired non-Imm B. He was told he should have gone to the Thai Consulate in Laos.

Do you only get the additional 90 days coming in by air, is Laos different or was he just unlucky (TIT)?

Has anyone any experience in doing this successfully?

Thanks..

If you have a valid visa you are allowed entry for 90 days. I suspect your friend arrived with an expired visa (the use before date probably) and was provided a 30 day visa exempt entry and was told to obtain a visa entry to visit Consulate in Laos. Yes, people arrive the date before there visa expires every day and are provided a normal 90 day entry stamp.

I have a Multi Imm B visa that expires in August.

I gather that if I leave Thailand and come back into the country before the visa expires I will get another three months; in effect a 15 month visa.

A friend tried this coming back from Laos last year and was admitted back in only on a tourist visa, despite having a non-expired non-Imm B. He was told he should have gone to the Thai Consulate in Laos.

Do you only get the additional 90 days coming in by air, is Laos different or was he just unlucky (TIT)?

Has anyone any experience in doing this successfully?

Thanks..

Hi, Dazzler I have had just a few days remaining on my yearly non-B and been given a fresh 90 days entry upon arriving back to Th.

Thank sLopburi3, but my friend attempted to get into Thailand the day before his visa expired. I shold know cos we met up that day in Udon!

SeanPhuket, could you tell me from which country you came back into Thailand?

Thanks guys...

And did he enter the visa information on his arrival card? There is no difference in arrival by air or land. If he indeed arrived with a valid visa he should have received the normal 90 day stamp, unless his passport was about to expire. What did he get - a 30 day visa exempt entry? The only reason he would have had to go to the Consulate would be to obtain a new visa.

Thank sLopburi3, but my friend attempted to get into Thailand the day before his visa expired. I shold know cos we met up that day in Udon!

SeanPhuket, could you tell me from which country you came back into Thailand?

Thanks guys...

Hi Dazzler, I have done it a couple times, once returning from Britain to Bkk (I think that was at Don Muang before Suwarnabhumi opened) and then again on a standard visa run up to Burma from Phuket, looking back at it, there was no questions asked either...

Maybe the guy who stamped your friends was just having a bad day and then didn't want to admit his mistake

Glad to be of help

And did he enter the visa information on his arrival card? There is no difference in arrival by air or land. If he indeed arrived with a valid visa he should have received the normal 90 day stamp, unless his passport was about to expire. What did he get - a 30 day visa exempt entry? The only reason he would have had to go to the Consulate would be to obtain a new visa.

He went out over land and completed the Arrival card with visa information. Passport as far as I know was not near to expiry, and he got a 30 day entry equivalent to a tourist visa.

A 30 day entry is a visa exempt entry. As he was told to visit the Consulate believe either it was the last day of the visa (use before date) or the officer thought it was and did not believe he had a valid visa for entry. It should not matter where or how you enter Thailand.

Please do not take this the wrong way but just want to be absolutely sure we both understand the day before the same way. If a visa is marked valid until 6 May you would not be able to enter Thailand after 5 May using that visa. So the day before would be 5 May.

Assuming the visa dates are correct, surely this counts as an 'incorrect stamp' which can be rectified by a visit to your local immigration office :o

Certainly can do no harm to go and have a chat.

Hi, Dazzler I have had just a few days remaining on my yearly non-B and been given a fresh 90 days entry upon arriving back to Th.

Me too, on my non-O which works to the same princible in these circumstances as a non-B.

I suspect the OP’s friend made the border run one day before the “admitted until” date on his last entry stamp, not one day before the “must be utilized before” date on his visa. Others have made the same mistake.

--

Maestro

Hi,

My non-imm B "use before" date has expired and am now i'm on my last extra months before I need to go get a new one.

Normally I do this in my homecountry (where it is dead easy), but since I went their four months ago, I'd rather take a holiday somewhere else for a change and try and get one closer by.

What exactly are the documents required for another one of those? Is it the same as for the 1 year extension of stay (which you get at an immigration office in Thailand) or not?I have a WP and am director of my company.

I found other posts stating:

13 07 2007

The updated Company affidavit, Shareholders list, company objectives, last three months of the PND #1 filed for you, annual audit, work permit, invite letter from the company.

All paperwork must be signed and stamped by the company director. Recent reports are Penang is more liberal these days.

21 dec 2007

just returned from Penang where i used a visa agent to obtain my Multi entry non imm B visa and can highly recommend Patrick at Hotel Continental which is who i used.Patrick organised everything and has been an agent for 15 years.Price was 800 Ringits which included pick up and return from the Airport and all i had to do was sign the application form and leave the rest to him.Documents supplied were 1 set of accounts,i verified share holders list,Copies of tax returns,company registration document and 1 work permit with a one year validity stamp, company invitation letter and 2 passport photos.

cheers.

Arrived at Suvarnabhumi few days ago with Non-B Valid until 18 May, stamped for 90 days no problem.

However, when I left Thailand 10 days before immigration at CNX asked if I had a non-b then wrote under the current entry stamp "visa xxx 17" - the "xxx" being undecipherable. This seemed a little strange as I was leaving, though reading the above I guess its a reminder that the visa is valid only until May 17 (as per other posts in this thread).

I'm in and out of Thailand every 2-3 weeks so have a passport full of Non-B stamps - They never seem to do more than a quick flip though to find a blank page, so I can't see what purpose the annotation would serve?

Is your non-B visa, which I presume is valid for multiple entries, on page 17 of your passport?

--

Maestro

Well spotted :o , page 17 is exactly where the visa is! And yes, its multiple entry.

The last 5 years at least I have always got an extra 90 days extension at Poipet crossing

so long as the Visa has not expired and it was within 2-3-4 days of expiration. SO in effect

my 12 month Visa Type O is a 15 month Visa.

It depends how you look at it, the validity period of the visa (“utilize before” date minus issue date) or the number of days you use it to stay in Thailand (sum total of exit dates minus entry dates). I have always understood that the multiple-entry non-immigrant visa is often called by posters here a one-year visa because of its one-year validity period.

--

Maestro