Mamawifi

fresnoboy

I don't know if this topic has been addressed elsewhere. If it has , I couldn't find it.

I'm having a small problem w/ mamawifi as the 'tech' has been here for a couple of days and the only way he could get connected was by disconnecting Norton. I really don't like this, as it leaves the computer too open.

Has anyone had any experiences or suggestions ?

My personal first step would be to conact Norton itself for technical support here:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/selectproduct_ts.jsp

This step all depends on whether your copy of Norton is legal (I think).

Norton is pretty aggressive in blocking not only viruses and worms, but also other antivirus programs and other things like your mamawifi.

This makes it more of a pain in the ass than it's worth in my opinion.

If you can't fix the problem, you can uninstall Norton and download a free antivirus program like this one here:

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Fre...&tag=button

Remember to download the free edition and not the "better" edition.

My personal first step would be to conact Norton itself for technical support here:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/selectproduct_ts.jsp

This step all depends on whether your copy of Norton is legal (I think).

Norton is pretty aggressive in blocking not only viruses and worms, but also other antivirus programs and other things like your mamawifi.

This makes it more of a pain in the ass than it's worth in my opinion.

If you can't fix the problem, you can uninstall Norton and download a free antivirus program like this one here:

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Fre...&tag=button

Remember to download the free edition and not the "better" edition.

Thank you 'Mister Fingers'. AVG installed and ready to roll :o

I don't know if this topic has been addressed elsewhere. If it has , I couldn't find it.

I'm having a small problem w/ mamawifi as the 'tech' has been here for a couple of days and the only way he could get connected was by disconnecting Norton. I really don't like this, as it leaves the computer too open.

Your virus protection has nothing to do with wether or not you can connect to a network. Firewall maybe but I can assure you that Nortons is not the problem. I tried Mama for about 2 months and the plain truth is that they are just rubbish. They've piled too many logins on the one router and you'll see from Friday to Sunday night you'll barely open Google in your browser there's too many people using it. I went and bought a gprs connection instead which cost about 4000 baht.

fyi. The one router I was on was around central Soi Arunothai and if you're near there then you'll definately experience the same problem... Think it was Mama 1 and Mama 3. Anyway, I hope you have better luck than me with them. Cheers.

Your virus protection has nothing to do with wether or not you can connect to a network. Firewall maybe but I can assure you that Nortons is not the problem. I tried Mama for about 2 months and the plain truth is that they are just rubbish. They've piled too many logins on the one router and you'll see from Friday to Sunday night you'll barely open Google in your browser there's too many people using it. I went and bought a gprs connection instead which cost about 4000 baht.

fyi. The one router I was on was around central Soi Arunothai and if you're near there then you'll definately experience the same problem... Think it was Mama 1 and Mama 3. Anyway, I hope you have better luck than me with them. Cheers.

I think you will find the problem is "Mama", they installed it at Jomtien beach Condominium last year, I tried it for two weeks, I also was lucky if it would get as far as opening my home page (google), it was like trying to boil a kettle with a candle, I found it totally unusable.

BB