Jellyfish

Looking out the window I noticed the fishing boats were much closer in than usual and had long nets out.

Looking through my binnoculars I could see that they were scooping up jellyfish. There were lots of boats so they must have been scooping up thousands of them. Most bigger than a large dinner plate.

The question is what do they do with them??

Looking out the window I noticed the fishing boats were much closer in than usual and had long nets out.

Looking through my binnoculars I could see that they were scooping up jellyfish. There were lots of boats so they must have been scooping up thousands of them. Most bigger than a large dinner plate.

People eat them, dried jellyfish are for sale everywhere

It makes me think of eating snot--that I eat a lot of snot. Come to think of it, haven't eaten a lot of jellyfish either!

Now you have me curious and I'll have to try it.

Some jellyfish are used in the cosmetics industry. Others are used for making medicines. The Japanese have come up with a use for mucin and others believe jellyfish collagen can be used to treat some inflammatory diseases. Most importantly of all, our friends the turtles like to chow down on jellyfish.

I would have thought it obvious... but they are the natural compliment to have with the peanut butter fish....

pbandjfish.gif

Jellyfish ror?

A-roi-dii :o

Make it to be a spicy Thai Salad.. or eat with Kuay-Tiao..

or with Chinese Food, i guess it is marinated with something oily... i am not sure.

Seen many kinds of jellyfish.. I always avoid touching them when go swimming in the sea.

especially at Koh Chang...looked cute but a bit scary... coz it's too load. :D

hey how come nobody ever mentioned about jellyfish stings? they are really bad. so painful. we have a lot of them in PH beaches when its summer (or is it when its rainy?) i have always looked at jellyfish negatively because of this. i think in japan (i saw it on television) they pet jellyfish in aquariums... i think they look lovely in there, very graceful swimmers dont you think so? never tasted it... if it tastes anywhere like squid, i would try it...

Edited by aries27