House Wanted For Purchase

petercr

I intend to purchase a home in Hua Hin and would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a property available with the following general specification:

Two + Bedrooms

Two + Bathrooms

At least 600sqm of land

Prefer a pool but not essential

Prefer South or West of Hua Hin

Must be good quality build

Prefer security on site

Budget available up to 6.5million, but may consider higher price if vendor finance available

Can complete a purchase whenever the right property becomes available and intend to visit Hua Hin next in the middle of June

Please PM with details and photographs

I intend to purchase a home in Hua Hin and would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a property available with the following general specification:

Two + Bedrooms

Two + Bathrooms

At least 600sqm of land

Prefer security on site

Budget available up to 6.5million, but may consider higher price if vendor finance available

Can complete a purchase whenever the right property becomes available and intend to visit Hua Hin next in the middle of June

So many on the market, get a Tuk Tuk and go down any Soi, take your choice.

Find location you want and tap up the developer. The world is your oyster.

Hi Peter,

I am currently operating communal asset management on the a project. There are 2 builders offering different products one could be perfect for you. He has still to complete plans for the houses. It would be worthwhile talking to him. The project is 80% complete. Let me know and I can hopefully help.

Dj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Petercr,

We think we may have just the property you're looking for, we're thinking of selling our property privately to cut out the middleman. The house is well-built and of modern design in a quiet location (3Kms from town and 5 min. to the nearest beach), and is as follows :

3 bedrooms all with on-suite bathrooms

2 reception rooms

European fully fitted kitchen

2 outside storerooms

Sala/carport

Swimming pool with jacuzzi

Landscape garden with water feature

The house comes fully furnished or unfurnished your choice, this will be reflected in the asking price. If you are interested please contact us for photos, specs and location etc, you may view the property at any time.

Kind regards

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Two + Bedrooms

Two + Bathrooms

At least 600sqm of land

Prefer security on site

Are you still looking for a house in Hua Hin ? i paid 7.5 million off plan plus 500,000 on furniture.

I am selling for 6.5 million baht, land 726sqm house 276sqm private pool and jaccuzi a really

beautiful house and it is finished. A great bargain, what´s the catch well i need to sell and there

are a lot of houses for sale.

I will give you this advice only buy a finished house DO NOT buy off plan anywhere in Thailand

it is not worth the risk. So even if you do not buy my house only buy a finished house then there is

no risk.

Steve

I will give you this advice only buy a finished house DO NOT buy off plan anywhere in Thailand

it is not worth the risk. So even if you do not buy my house only buy a finished house then there is

no risk.

Steve

please explain this with a little more detail please steve.

why is there no risk when buying a pre built house and what is the big risk of buying ANY house off plan??

no risk.

Steve

why is there no risk when buying a pre built house and what is the big risk of buying ANY house off plan??

Why, simple if your house ever gets finished then you are a very lucky person, i lived in thailand for a while and know many people who have a lot of problems, many have lost a lot of money. Why take the risk, the other answer of course is it is cheaper to buy a finished house and you save yourself 2 years waiting.

no risk.

Steve

Why, simple if your house ever gets finished then you are a very lucky person, i lived in thailand for a while and know many people who have a lot of problems, many have lost a lot of money. Why take the risk, the other answer of course is it is cheaper to buy a finished house and you save yourself 2 years waiting.

I agree with the first half of what you've said:

Building a house can take a long time (longer than promised) and can run into problems if you don't thoroughly vet your builder first.

I don't agree with the second part "cheaper to buy a finished house":

We built a house and the day it was finished (admittedly a year late), it was worth twice what it cost us to build. It just depends on what you want. If you are in a hurry or not ready to do your homework on builders, by all means buy a finished product, but if you have patience, take your time to find the right land and builder, you can end up with the exact design you want and great value for your money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was in Hua Hin last April/May I am interested in the kind of house you have ,sounds real good ,can you send me some pictures ?

Also why are there many houses for sale in that area ?

Any schools ?

Please send answer pictures and any information to <email address removed> Thanks

Peter Jouchmans Weymouth Ma USA

Hi I was in Hua Hin last April/May I am interested in the kind of house you have ,sounds real good ,can you send me some pictures ?

Also why are there many houses for sale in that area ?

Any schools ?

Please send answer pictures and any information to <email address removed> Thanks

Peter Jouchmans Weymouth Ma USA

Hi There,

Just a suggestion,

Theres a huge amount of property for sale and rent here in HH, you probably saw all the adverts on your last visit, my advice would be to rent first, maybe for 6-12 months and get a good feel for the area, also this will give you a chance to checkout whats available, there plenty of finished houses for sale and a few bargains around, also the process for buying here is quite straightforward, so I would be patient. Regards MT

also the process for buying here is quite straightforward, so I would be patient. Regards MT

Buying, yes. Owning .. not so sure.

I have yet to see evidence that an individual foreigner can own (look up legal definition of ownership) real property (land) in his/her own name.

Edited by klikster

I don't agree with the second part "cheaper to buy a finished house":

We built a house and the day it was finished (admittedly a year late), it was worth twice what it cost us to build. It just depends on what you want. If you are in a hurry or not ready to do your homework on builders, by all means buy a finished product, but if you have patience, take your time to find the right land and builder, you can end up with the exact design you want and great value for your money.

Samesame me, my house was supposed to be built in six months but took over a year to finish.

In the meantime the developer's price for the same house on the same-size plot went up by one million baht.

We appear to be among the lucky ones in that our house was actually finished on time!!

Although we bought off-plan and had a long lead in time.

It has increased in value too so glad we bought. I've never been a fan of renting, but OP or anyone buying would be wise to rent temporarily before taking the plunge. Check out the area you want to live in and maybe more importantly thourougly vet the developer you're thinking of using.

Good Luck Sir,

CS

It's great that everyones purchase has gone up in value. However it is a totally different story if you try to sell it. Thai's in general with money in the millions prefer to buy new especially with it currently being a buyers market. HH is swamped with development. Seems everyone likes to add a few million here and there to the worth of finished 2nd hand properties. You may as well buy new!

I have a profit on paper. When its time to sell then I'll get the truth!

I think a bargain-priced existing house can be found though.

Like everywhere else, some people may be in a situation where they simply have to sell and cannot hold out for the best price.