Beer Poll

Eric1949

Beer  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boddington's Pub Ale, export, in a can, equipped with a nitrogen gas cartridge. It is naturally carbonated during the fermentation process. I can drink a lot of it, because it doesn't irritate my stomach. The nitrogen cartridge gives the ale a nice head when it is poured.

beergeek_1988_8927101.gif

My second favorite is Samuel Smith's Pale Ale.

ss_old_brew_bott.gif

And who says we seppos don't love the Brits. Sadly, I cannot get these finely crafted brews in Thailand, so pisswater it is. :o

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Boddington's Pub Ale, export, in a can, equipped with a nitrogen gas cartridge. It is naturally carbonated during the fermentation process. I can drink a lot of it, because it doesn't irritate my stomach. The nitrogen cartridge gives the ale a nice head when it is poured.

beergeek_1988_8927101.gif

My second favorite is Samuel Smith's Pale Ale.

ss_old_brew_bott.gif

And who says we seppos don't love the Brits. Sadly, I cannot get these finely crafted brews in Thailand, so pisswater it is. :o

Quite right ... The local brews are all pisswater ... If there was no alcohol in them I would not even bother.

Naka.

I find beer rather lower class. I prefer Champagne, Mojitos and Lychee Martinis.

This is the sort of post i would expect Sir Burr to come out with :o

Beer is loved by all, regardless of your class

brown/mild oh for a brown/mild.. black/tan, oh for a black/ tan. so so sadly not had either in 30yrs or so , so sad to say nats piss it is.. brown/mild, blackantan equal a liquid meal . oh the memory,s. is it just a dream??.

when i was working in makati (manila), we had a room (as in a boarding place) in a building with a liquor store downstairs. actually same owner, builiding and store. very educational, without really having to taste those drinks. i mean literally knowing those drinks because we hang out in the store, even helped serve the customers, some were local celebrities, personalities, etc...well known wine store.

then we would get free invites from the wine and liquior agents to free drinks and entrance to the plushy bars in makati. i experienced getting drunk the first time there. probably emptied a third of a med-sized tequila (cuervo). first time for me to fall asleep with puked stained blouse and never cared. big headache the next morning...an officemate suggested alka selzter, worked wonders.

tequila is still my favorite til now but careful enough not to get that drunk...

Edited by aries27

oh, let me add a little to the beer trivia...

many years back, i think right after the 1986 edsa revolution, sweden's (or denmark's?) carlsberg tried to enter the PH market, big time promotion (remember this per traveler2003 post "best beer in the world'). didnt take long for them to realize they could never beat the almost a century of PH loyalty to san mig. left soon after and never came back...

when i was in sweden btw, my swedish friends took me to a pizza resto and there was san miguel on the menu... i thought it came all the way from PH but when it was served, it came from somewhere else.. will try to look for the picture and see if you can identify it, from what country...

Seeing your poll you know zero about beer:

First Heineken ain't no beer (only an excellent marketing scam), secondly real beers such as Duvel are missing from your list, in fact it's a very very poor list :o

Oh jstumbo, the hefe weizen looks good :D

What about Jupiler? The purest of the purest ingredients from the Belgian Ardennes (near to Spa!). Difficult to get a hangover from these beers.

oh, let me add a little to the beer trivia...

many years back, i think right after the 1986 edsa revolution, sweden's (or denmark's?) carlsberg tried to enter the PH market, big time promotion (remember this per traveler2003 post "best beer in the world'). didnt take long for them to realize they could never beat the almost a century of PH loyalty to san mig. left soon after and never came back...

when i was in sweden btw, my swedish friends took me to a pizza resto and there was san miguel on the menu... i thought it came all the way from PH but when it was served, it came from somewhere else.. will try to look for the picture and see if you can identify it, from what country...

Spain

Chang Light, 5/6/7 every night, no hangover, 4.2 acl, a very pleasant beer, drink it chilled or like most thai beers it goes sour as shit!!

San Mig Light never goes sour but then again it has no taste, that's what the limes for :o . Much prefer tasteless beer than the pungent taste of most local brewskies

In LOS I usually drink Heineken. Not my favorite beer, but because of the availability and also easier on my vital organs than other beers. Tiger comes in second again only because of its availability. Beer Lao is my choice when it is served in places that I go elbow bending.

When I travel I notice that I find a local beer that fits my taste and usually stick with it. Although, I will reject even a free San Mig in the PI.

Almost forgot the Copper's Green Rings are really good and can be found in some places in LOS.

Love icy cold mind benders. Guess I had better ice some down now. :o

:D

Pffffffff... You call that stuff beer?

A good beer is a cold Colorado microbrew. I am absolutely positive that Colorado has better beers in a 100 mile radius than there are in the rest of the world!

Try a 'Fat Tire' some day and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

beer_label_ft.png

A good beer is a cold Colorado microbrew. I am absolutely positive that Colorado has better beers in a 100 mile radius than there are in the rest of the world!

beer_label_ft.png

Yeah my friend in the states rubs my nose in it all the time when we talk on skype. There are many microbrews in the States that are excellent beers. The last time i was there i had a shopping cart full of different micrbrews 1 bottle of each to try them all out..

Does anybody know if hoegaarden white beer is available in Pattaya, villa maybe? Excellent drop of booze. If not can anybody recommend something similar?

Probably at Klein Vlaanderen, they have Duvel for sure.

Think there are two other Belgian beer bars in Patters, maybe google?

Luv-Lay beer....There is a Folker over there.... :o

SPITFIRE PREMIUM KENTISH STRONG ALE

Spitfire Premium Kentish Strong AleSpitfire has been Shepherd Neame's runaway success story of the past decade, with soaring sales spurred by quirky World War 11-themed advertising which has won awards, hit the headlines, and had consumers clamouring for more.

Originally produced in 1990 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Battle Of Britain, Spitfire has a lingering malt and hop flavour, with a well-balanced, lasting aftertaste.

Spitfire is now Shepherd Neame's biggest-selling cask conditioned ale. It is available in thousands of pubs nationwide, including most J.D.Wetherspoon outlets, and is also packaged in bottles and cans for the take-home market.

Tasting notes:

Crafted from traditional varieties of English malt, this golden ale combines an underlying depth of maltiness, tinged with a subtle hint of toffee, with the bold citrus and fruity spiciness of Kentish hops, to produce a well-balanced, thirst quenching, popular drink. :D

beer_label_ft.png

Colorado has excellent micro breweries as does Northern Cali, specially Mendocino

btw I love the name of your chosen beer(Fat Tire) as I am a fat tire fanatic(mountain biking)

Edited by pampal