Urgent: Need A Thai To Uk Plug Adaptor...

davejonesbkk

Im going back to the UK for a few weeks on Wednesday and I need to use my laptop that I bought here over there so I am going to need an adaptor so that the power unit will plug into a UK socket but I was in the Mall Ramkamhaeng department store today and didn't see any. Where can I buy one in Bangkok? Are they easy to get in the uk?

Or they sell them here in Tesco. I picked one up going from UK to Thai last week, but they also had them the other way around.

I bought one in Tesco recently. It had interchageable pin configurations, works fine. About bt100 I think

Totster :o

Yep ^^^ no real issue.

You can get a suitable adaptor in the UK (if you have a 2 pin Thai plug then a shaver adaptor will do just fine), or probably better get a UK standard cord to plug into your laptop PSU :o

I have seen them in BKK not the most common of items but definately available.

Hmm ok maybe I'll go down to Tescos, my laptop plug has three prongs by the way not two so I need something like this right?

Also, what about power levels? Can my Thai laptop be plugged in over there ok?

Yep, the Maplin unit will do just fine. What's on the other end of the lead (where it plugs into the PSU)? It may well be cheaper to get a lead with a UK plug.

No problems with voltage/frequency, Thailand and UK are close enough not to be an issue :o