Need New Info On Proscar Pills

bombis

I want to buy Proscar as Im getting a bit of a bold spot at the back of my head. Not so bad yet so I guess its the right start to take Proscar (I know already that there is Propecia but Proscar is the same and it come cheaper in the end).

I have read the posts on this forum about this matter but they all date back a few years so i would like to have some updated info.

First of all. If anybody is taking proscar: Where is a good pharmacy to buy it for the best price?

Also, where can you find generic Proscar (as far as i know there is a generic version but not all pharmacys have it).

The last info I saw on the posts from a few years back was that a 30 pill pack is 1500 Baht approximately. I couldnt quite figure out if this is for the original or the generic version. If this is for the original version i guess this is pretty fair considering a 30 tabelt proscar pack is gonna last for about 120 days (as I would divide one tablet into quarters).

Anyway, i hope somebody can point me to a good pharmacy that sells proscar and has good prices.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you divide the pill if you are taking proscar. Start with 1mg..

Why not try minoxidil 5% first?

speaking as someone whose family has a history of prostate issues (so I know Proscar the other way) the cost of something like 1500-2200b depending on the place sounds about right. Real stuff.

Make sure you clearly explain it is for prostate, as I think a lot of people are doing what you are diong. Boots sell it. I would be careful of the smaller dodgy pharmacies, likely to get fake stuff. The Amarin Plaza has a good pharmacy on same floor as the bridge from BTS, not sure if they have it.

Dosage is totally different for baldness vs. prostate enlargement.

Effectiveness is not going to make your bald spot disappear AFAIK, but might make it all happen a bit slower. Dosage is lower, but if effects are the same you are going to lose a fair chunk of your sex drive and your ability to 'stand to attention'.

Alternative 2 - save money and shave head.

Edited by steveromagnino

thanks for the info so far. I settled at South East pharmacy close to Sukhumvit Soi 15. Found the name somewhere online and it was true, they are cheap. Got original Proscar for 1350 Baht for a 30 talet pack.

I know dosage is different for using it against hair loss. One pill has 5mg, but only about 1mg of the active ingredient is needed per day. So I quarter them and use them this way. Makes the whole process about 4 times cheaper than buying Propencia which is the same thing but already in the 1mg dosage.

Considering the decrease in sex drive and "standing to attention".

After extensively reading about side effects online I found that onle the smallest percentage of users had this effect (2%). And even then, reducing sex drive a little bit wont kille me i guess.

If its too extreme one can still stop taking it. I would like to use it if I hardly have any seide effects but its not that im gonna commit suicide if i cant take it and turn bold (btw: im not bold yet, just starting a bit on the back but should be the ideal situation to start taking Proscar (or Propecia that is)).

Also, as you were taking Proscar for your prostate (meaning you took the 5mg dosage) which is a lot higher that what I take, I guess side effects might be stronger?

Not sure. i will see for myself and then post back here in a few weeks.

I really couldnt find many people complaining about the loss of sex drive. Lets see :o

• 2 years later...