How Many Of The 10 "must Sees" Have You Seen?

geriatrickid

On another thread it gave a list of things to do on a rainy day and there was a link to the 10 Must Sees on Phuket. http://www.phuket.com/island/10mustsee.htm Haven't seen all of them, but most of them. How about you? The 10 items listed were;

1. Phuket Fantasea - Yup been there done that. The food was barfalicious and one of my friends fell asleep and started snoring in the show. Another one got all freaked out when a farang couple started making out. (My friends were Thai but not from Phuket and don't have much contact with farangs.)

2. Simon Cabaret - Umm no. One of my friends is light in his flip flops as they say and I can stare at him whenever I want for free, although he's likely to slug me if I stare too much.

3. Viewpoints in Phuket - For sure. Who hasn't been to Promthep Cape :o ? Anyone have the "best" place to see the sunrise or sunset?

4. Old Phuket Town - Sort of. I didn't know there was much to see.

5. Bangla Rd. in Patong - Unfortunately, too many times. I just keep my head down and walk fast now.

6. Wat Chalong & Phuket Temples - Yup, but long ago. Get dragged to enough temples so I'm templed out.

7. Phuket Waterfalls - Not impresssed. Too much litter. The Gibbon rehab place close by was more interesting.

8. Muay Thai - Not in Phuket. I'm so p*ssed off at that idiot truck that drives around blaring "Tonight, Tonight, Muay Thai Boxing at Bangla Stadium, Tonight, Tonight." And they have those emaciated clowns standing on the up there smacking their pads and trying to look tough. One of these days Somtai is going to brake suddenly and a few of the "athletes" are going to go flying.

9. Chalang Big Buddha - You sort of can't miss it, but I take a pass on this sort of thing. Of course my friends had to go because it was going to bring them good luck and change their lives. Why was I not surprised that nothing happened and they still spend more than they can afford?

10. Phuket Festivals e.g. Vegetarian Festival and gay Festival - Like Songkran, I have learnt to miss some of these festivals. Of course my friend had to go into his religious mode during veggie days and go be a monk or something and dress in white. After the festival he goes back to consuming massive quantities of pork products and whatever poor animal ends up in the soup pot. The gay festival in Patong is anything but gay. Try annoying with really loud bad music. I only went once with my gay friend(s) a year ago and they ended up annoying me the whole night with comments like, why are the falangs so old?, how come you don't know any gay falangs?, stop staring at girls breasts- very rude, you drink too much, how come you do not dance?, why you make stupid face?, you cannot walk home now - you drunk and will get run over, Kwai! do not talk to that "lady" - she is not lady, give me 10 baht - I need to pee, stop drinking and have fun, ting tong - stop complaining there are no girls here - it is gay festival, do not eat that - you are too fat.

1. Phuket Fantasea - No

2. Simon Cabaret - Yes. I thought it was too long and one act just blended into the next. Nice costumes though.

3. Viewpoints in Phuket - Promthep and Kata.

4. Old Phuket Town - I like Phuket Town. So many small roads with interesting shops that sell the most surprising things.

5. Bangla Rd. in Patong - Yes, but not recently. Been there, done that.

6. Wat Chalong & Phuket Temples - Yes. Wat Chalong and several others.

7. Phuket Waterfalls - Yes. Agree they are too full of litter. The Gibbon Project one isn't bad.

8. Muay Thai - Yes. Not really my thing.

9. Chalong Big Buddha - Yes. Took the kids up there for a look. Beautiful views.

10. Phuket Festivals e.g. Vegetarian Festival and gay Festival - Yes to veggie festival, no to gay festival. Am morbidly fascinated by the things I see in the veggie parades.

8. Muay Thai - Not in Phuket. I'm so p*ssed off at that idiot truck that drives around blaring "Tonight, Tonight, Muay Thai Boxing at Bangla Stadium, Tonight, Tonight." And they have those emaciated clowns standing on the up there smacking their pads and trying to look tough. One of these days Somtai is going to brake suddenly and a few of the "athletes" are going to go flying.
You should go to the one in Phuket Town, not Patong.

7. Phuket Waterfalls - Yes. Agree they are too full of litter. The Gibbon Project one isn't bad.
Forget this rip-off. You are going to pay a lot of money for seeing ---- nothing special. Since they declared it a "National Park" I just refused paying 200 Baht (price went up already?) for seeing a rinse of water...