Has Anyone Used "cabinet" Interior Design?

thaiowl

A friend of mine has recommended me to use the services of Cabinet Interior Design Co. Has anyone used this company and can comment on service/design/price etc? Any other recommendations for an Interior Design company in Hua Hin?

They did our kitchen.

They are more expensive but they are quality in our opinion.

The service and quality couldnt really fault. It's about 2 years old now and had no problems.

Best to buy your own equipment and give it to them, theirs was well over the top pricewise.

Burgernev

When we were remodeling our condo we went to Cabinet for a quote. I must say they were very professional and the design looked good, but the price was too high.

We then went to StarMark in Home Pro and had them design, build and install our kitchen. At the time there was 30% off so the price was very good. We are really happy with the results and will use them again when we remodel our other unit.

we used them 2 years ago for a full condo fit-out , it was an unmitigated disaster , taking over 6 months after being assured it would all be done in two.

most of the electrical work and kitchen fitting had to be re-done , sometimes twice or three times before they got it right.

the use of a sub-contracted and totally unskilled workforce was the main cause , the non appearance most days of a foreman was another cause , and the totally unhelpful and seemingly common in thailand attitude of not taking on board customer concerns and acting on them by the sales manager (who acts as a go between between the client and the workforce , and did a good job of selling but a terrible job of managing) and the shoulder shrugging indifference of the farang owner all left us with a very poor impression of this useless outfit.

once we had signed the contract for the work they lost all interest , and even the sales manager who dealt with us told us that all the properly skilled workers are kept back for the big projects they do , and when they run short of labour then they subcontract out to local labour who may be completely unskilled.

this was about 2 years ago , they may have improved their standards of workforce training and customer care since then.

use them at your own risk.

2 years ago there was little choice in the hua hin area , now there is a lot of choice.

Agree with you taxexile that there is a lot of choice in town now.

Our experience was totally different to yours and our was two years ago too, this July.

To be fair if there's a risk of what you experienced happening again, then people should look elsewhere.

Cheers,

Burgernev

Agree with PennyFarthing123, we did the same thing and our friends who also own in our condo building did as well.....we both selected Starmark and couldn't be happier. Our friends are also going to use Starmark for a second condo they are renovating.

We also bought our own appliances from Home Pro as well as floor tile and backsplash.....will P.M. with contact info for a good contractor if you wish. We purchased granite countertop from Cha Am Granite and had our contractor install all tile and granite.

I have attached a picture of our kitchen.....post-56073-1210673732_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
we used them 2 years ago for a full condo fit-out , it was an unmitigated disaster , taking over 6 months after being assured it would all be done in two.

most of the electrical work and kitchen fitting had to be re-done , sometimes twice or three times before they got it right.

the use of a sub-contracted and totally unskilled workforce was the main cause , the non appearance most days of a foreman was another cause , and the totally unhelpful and seemingly common in thailand attitude of not taking on board customer concerns and acting on them by the sales manager (who acts as a go between between the client and the workforce , and did a good job of selling but a terrible job of managing) and the shoulder shrugging indifference of the farang owner all left us with a very poor impression of this useless outfit.

once we had signed the contract for the work they lost all interest , and even the sales manager who dealt with us told us that all the properly skilled workers are kept back for the big projects they do , and when they run short of labour then they subcontract out to local labour who may be completely unskilled.

this was about 2 years ago , they may have improved their standards of workforce training and customer care since then.

use them at your own risk.

2 years ago there was little choice in the hua hin area , now there is a lot of choice.

They are worse than terrible had a very similar situation with them about 4 years ago. no good for nothing and I'm sure nothing has changed. EEEEgod what memories. Fortunately they are not the only game in town now.

You can use a local supplier far cheaper and good quality. No need to pay through the nose to middlemen at falang sucker prices. Kitchen you see was 85K baht including granite counters. Appliances extra of course. If you want his number PM me.

post-6392-1227293663_thumb.jpgpost-6392-1227293693_thumb.jpg post-6392-1227293735_thumb.jpg

jk

Received advice of a PM but could not access it.

Don't know why.

HomePro are about average when it comes to fitting. Keep moaning and they'll come back to fix their poor work. They have A and B teams. Make sure you ask for the A team.

If you want an economical, Homeworks sell Starmark pre-built units. Just bolt 'em together and replace the wooden tops with granite etc. Essentially that's all that HomePro et al do anyway, bar a few speciality bits of MDF for the awkward corners...

Cabinet are fine for fitted furniture but i would recommend BMP furniture for fitted furniture.Pretty sure they have a webpage (google them) and distribution in Hua Hin.

Also I know for a fact that you can buy cabinet loose furniture range for about 20% cheaper 2km up the road at Beautiful World. I know because i compared!