Worms For Composting, Where To Buy?

I've set up one of those plastic draws as a worm farm. I get scraps from the food stall to feed them. It's now full.

Any suggestions for seperating the worms from the castings? One of my concerns is that there are eggs mixed in. How can we make they are removed also?

Worm separation can be done physically, with wire mesh sieving. This is unpreferable for worms but fast and easy.

Separation can be done naturally by stop feeding and watering the tub for a couple days. Then put another tub with bedding (mixed with old and new) and food on top. Worms will migrate to the top one trough the tub's bottom holes.

What is your concern about the eggs?

If your concern is alien worms in your soil, you may steam sterile the compost.

If your concern is lossing some living worms, you may keep watering the separated compost for another week or two. Then separate all the little worms from the compost.

• 5 months later...
Can anyone deliver 20 kgs of worm castings to me @ Krathum Lom?

[this year] :)

For those interested in composting, there is an alternative to worms.

You can spray your organic matter with a macrobial fertilizer (e.g. SPROUT) which will break down the organic matter much faster.

Very economical and a lot less trouble than keeping worms.

For more info see www.a-i-s.net/brands/sprout/

No probs GD.

He's not but he's a good guy, very dependable :) He even called to ask if I received his package.

Dave the (other) Worm Man from Kanch didn't want to hassle with a small amount...his loss, I reckon

No, I'm from Grimsby :D

J/K... I'm from Texas

edit: I just checked my phone records and the worm man I dealt with has a different # than the one on the package-- #089 703 7506. Prob the same guy or his relative, you know the deal...

I doubt so....the person you spoken to may not be Wayne Fauser aka Thewormman.....I had a meeting with him for two days back in Singapore year 2006. I was trying to negotiate a Thailand exclusive farming contract then but didn't work out...not need for details i guess....but he also told me that the Thailand web pages of his website, he had a fall out with the farang seen holding the Thai flag in the picture and that he had withdrew all he investment. So i came in at the right time then as a person to colaborate a co-op venture worm farming.....but as i said the deal didn't push through.............

RBH

No probs GD.

He's not but he's a good guy, very dependable :) He even called to ask if I received his package.

Dave the (other) Worm Man from Kanch didn't want to hassle with a small amount...his loss, I reckon

No, I'm from Grimsby :D

J/K... I'm from Texas

edit: I just checked my phone records and the worm man I dealt with has a different # than the one on the package-- #089 703 7506. Prob the same guy or his relative, you know the deal...

I doubt so....the person you spoken to may not be Wayne Fauser aka Thewormman.....I had a meeting with him for two days back in Singapore year 2006. I was trying to negotiate a Thailand exclusive farming contract then but didn't work out...not need for details i guess....but he also told me that the Thailand web pages of his website, he had a fall out with the farang seen holding the Thai flag in the picture and that he had withdrew all he investment. So i came in at the right time then as a person to colaborate a co-op venture worm farming.....but as i said the deal didn't push through.............

RBH

You obviously misunderstood what I said. Read my reply again. The worm man I spoke to was Thai and the "Prob the same guy or his relative, you know the deal..." refers to him (the Thai) and the different phone #s. Capiche?

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone deliver 20 kgs of worm castings to me @ Krathum Lom?

[this year] :)

You may contact wormcompost.blogspot.com

- African Night Crawlers

- Tiger worms or red worms

email: [email protected]

mobile phone: 087-929-6589

I have just ordered 100 tiger worms (also know as red wrigglers, Eisenia foetida) from T Worm Farm (Thailand). Contacted the guy by email and transfered 400 baht to him on Friday. He posted the worms EMS yesterday and has given me the EMS tracking number.I should have the worms later today. These worms are meant to be the best for vermiculture which I have set up using a 25 litre plastic tub and coconut husks for bedding. I drilled ventillation holes around the top of the tub and a drainage hole at the bottom with a small bucket to collect the worm tea. Plan is to feed them all our fruit and vege waste, coffee grounding and filter bags, etc. and mix the juice with water and water the garden with this. i believe that the results are most impressive in the garden - will wait and see ... Wil also always have a constant supply of worms for fishing!

contact of the guy, Khun Tuldej, as above