More Mabprachan Moody Mis-information

kurgen

whilst we're on the subject of rumours.......

the puddle that was once Lake Mabprachan anyone know why it's so low?

It's at least 1.5 meters down on what it should be, much lower than the 'great drought of 07'. We've had a fair bit of rain lately and it's still going down.

There must be 150,000,,001 Islands appearing :o I kayak on the lake a few times a week and am thinking of planting the flag of St George on the largest of these and claiming it in the name of Her Majesty, wonder what the locals will say? :D

The rumour I've heard (from a fella in a bar) is that the powers that be are purposefully draining the lake so that a running and cycling track can be built along the edge.

The same Oracle also mentioned a 100 mill baht grant (more tea anyone?)and Nong Nooch Gardens landscaping the area.

This isn't a new rumour as they made a good job of ballsing it up last year and left it like a moonscape for the SEAN Games but the running track is certainly an amendment to the rumour.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the sluices were open over on the dam side letting out loads of water so who knows?

Answers on a postcard please :D

Edited by kurgen

This man in a bar asked our local "palat" (the bloke responsible for everything technical, including building permits) and indeed he could confirm that Nong Nooch was supposed to do landscaping, the only problem being some rather large part of the funds having gone missing, supposedly for acquiring some serious amounts of tea!

In his words: Satang mod leaw!

Look on the bright side. :D

If the lake dries up completely, it will be a much shorter drive from Pong to the Butterfly :D

But poor Kurgen will have to put wheels on his Kayak :o

If the lake dries up completely, it will be a much shorter drive from Pong to the Butterfly :D

But poor Kurgen will have to put wheels on his Kayak :o

so who lives out here ? i'm on soi pattana 1, just round the corner from mulligans

But poor Kurgen will have to put wheels on his Kayak

Ha, he should have invested in a water bicycle :o

so who lives out here ? i'm on soi pattana 1, just round the corner from mulligans

Well, you've got 2 members within walking distance :D (of course depends how far you're willing to walk!). Actually I think you're more round the corner of that new (refurbished) place with an even more unpronounceable name, Mullaleys or something like that...

Another few (might say notorious) members within cycling distance :D

Well, you've got 2 members within walking distance :o (of course depends how far you're willing to walk!). Actually I think you're more round the corner of that new (refurbished) place with an even more unpronounceable name, Mullaleys or something like that...

Another few (might say notorious) members within cycling distance :D

with so many members around here it is indeed time for the Maprachan sub-forum!

Long live Maprachan, the riff-raff free area of Pattaya! :D

But poor Kurgen will have to put wheels on his Kayak :D

Drop into the minimart next to Mulligans and say hi. :o

I don't think I'm familiar with the Butterfly, what's the nosh like in there Mobi 1 ? :o

Free on Tuesdays, but it's full of pot bellied "balloon chasers" ogling the unaffordable, nursing a bottle of Chang :D

Edited by Mobi

I don't think I'm familiar with the Butterfly, what's the nosh like in there Mobi 1 ? :o

Free on Tuesdays, but it's full of pot bellied "balloon chasers" ogling the unaffordable, nursing a bottle of Chang :D

So if you go to the Butterfly on Tuesdays you get a free nosh ? :D

We need to investigate this for a report in the food thread Kurgen.

What about next Tuesday?

Free nosh but no free nookie :D

Free nosh but no free nookie :D

you might want to clarify what you mean by NOSH

some of the Brits on here might get the wrong impresion........

from wikipedia-

nosh 1. food, meal; also "nosh up", a big satisfying meal ("I could do with a good nosh up")2. (slang) oral sex

from wikipedia-

nosh 1. food, meal; also "nosh up", a big satisfying meal ("I could do with a good nosh up")2. (slang) oral sex

I'll leave it for the readers to figure out for themselves.

BTW, smoking is allowed :o

from wikipedia-

there you go again...........

from wikipedia-

there you go again...........

Just being consistent with the thread title