Work Permit Company Reg

Dear all,

I need help,I am married to a thai citezen and have a non immigrant visa,

I am thinking of openning a company co,.Ltd.. i just get to know that in order for me to set up a company and get a work permit for myself i need at least a 1 million paid up capital??? is this true??? and the option of just write a start up capital on papers is no longer in used ????

So is it true i need to show either a 1 or 2 million cash ??? to get a work permit for myself as a managing director...

I am setting up a small internet cafe for my wife and import export for my self...

So please any1 help me...

Ive heard alot of rumours and is making me headeach about the 1 or 2 million cash paid up capital which i do not have....

Thank Yo

Joe

The only supporting document required as of now for a foreign employee married to a Thai is for the Managing Director ( You) to sign an "Employment Certification." stating the company has one million baht capital for this work permit ( two million for any other wp where the foreigner is not married to a Thai.)

Tthe capital of one million baht for this work permit being cash, assets such as equipment, goodwill, trade names, intellectual property or other considerations received from investors for shares in the company. This paid up capital can then be used for working capital and is only required initially. The paid up capital does not have to be 100% cash, however to support your WP, at least 25% of the shares should be subscribed by paid in cash (250,000 Baht in your case) and the rest as equipment, goodwill, trade names, intellectual property or other considerations.

www.sunbeltasia.com