Non O Multiple Entry

Is it possible to travel to India and obtain a multiple entry Non O visa from Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta or Madras?

I'm a Brit, with no proof of earnings and no dependents.

I can't speak for the other three locations but your paperwork had better be in order if applying in Bombay (Mumbai). A talk I had with an officer at that consulate a couple years back revealed that they are under orders to be strict about visa application requirements due to the number of "Pakistani applicants trying to sneak into Thailand" (yeah, just about everything that goes wrong in India is somehow liked to Pakistan but that's another post for another board).

Thanks for the speedy replies. I'm 46 and have been in Thailand for 6.5 yrs.

All the posts I've seen on this forum suggest I have no chance of getting the multiple Non O in neighbouring Asian countries. Will have to return to the UK - where last Non O was from - or go to Oz.

A friend suggested I consider India. I support a Thai person, but am not married and am not old enough to qualify for retirement.

The original post referred to my friend who is definitely going to try before December. I can demonstrate earnings of 100K Baht through my property in the UK.

On another note, someone else we know is currently in Penang trying for the same visa on the same basis as me. I'll let everyone know how he fared when he returns.

I doubt that you'd be helped in India at all. The Honorary in Lahore Pakistan is more British than the Brits, and I suspect that he might be a good start. Contact him. Royal Thai Consulate-General Transport House Egerton Road Lahore. Telephone (92-42) 636 6416 Fax (92-42) 712 1683.

Otherwise it is the UK or Oz.

Good luck