Granola

Lost in LOS

where is the best and most reasonable place to get granola in pattaya. went to villa for grape nuts [pang mak] but didnt see granola tried big c and carefor which didnt have any. there is still food land etc. to try. which place has the best selection and prices

thanks

... went to villa for grape nuts [pang mak] but didnt see granola

You must have missed it because Villa has granola and muslie coming out of their ears. Just look again in the breakfast cereals aisle. It will be expensive, however, being imported stuff. I like the Swiss brand Familia cereals. A small bag costs around B225 or so but I get 7-8 meals out of it so it's only B 30 or so a helping. Looked at that way, it's not too expensive.

... went to villa for grape nuts [pang mak] but didnt see granola

You must have missed it because Villa has granola and muslie coming out of their ears. Just look again in the breakfast cereals aisle. It will be expensive, however, being imported stuff. I like the Swiss brand Familia cereals. A small bag costs around B225 or so but I get 7-8 meals out of it so it's only B 30 or so a helping. Looked at that way, it's not too expensive.

Did'nt he used to play for Newcastle

The big eye opener for me was when I read on one expensive imported muesli "with exotic fruits". So Pineapples are apparently shipped from wherever to Germany, mixed in a mueasli and then shipped to Thailand.

Long story short:

At foodland below the imported brands you can buy oatflakes, about 50 Baht a kilo. Look then to your right: Californian figs, American cranberries, raisins, you name it.

Then go to the aisle with the dairy products. Opposite the yoghurt you find banana flakes, dried pineapple and mango and I ike to add those pumpkin flakes as well.

Mix it all up at home et voila! Costs about half as much as the cheapest ready-mix.

thanks for all the positive responses. i will check it out and buy my granola. what i do for my cereal is mix the following:

non fat low - sugar yogurt and put in a bowl, add some dried cranberries and some dried ginger, ground flax seeds [fresh seeds in a coffee grinder] and then add the granola or grapenuts cereal . Has all the ingredients for health and tastes good too [the flax seeds are essential for health]

The big eye opener for me was when I read on one expensive imported muesli "with exotic fruits". So Pineapples are apparently shipped from wherever to Germany, mixed in a mueasli and then shipped to Thailand.

Long story short:

At foodland below the imported brands you can buy oatflakes, about 50 Baht a kilo. Look then to your right: Californian figs, American cranberries, raisins, you name it.

Then go to the aisle with the dairy products. Opposite the yoghurt you find banana flakes, dried pineapple and mango and I ike to add those pumpkin flakes as well.

Mix it all up at home et voila! Costs about half as much as the cheapest ready-mix.

That's the way to do it, except use fresh fruit rather than dried, except for raisins. Also you can get good salt-free peanuts at Carrefour and Lotus when they're in stock.

Has worked well for me for years. Very healthy!