Andaman Coast

alarnold

I'm visiting this part of Thailand soon for a fortnight (can't wait!), and am trying to decide where to stay. I'm bewildered by the choice though!

Any opinions on Railay, Koh Phi Phi, any of the other islands in that whole area? We are looking for somewhere unspoilt and reasonably quiet but without it being deserted. I hear that Koh Phi Phi is a bit too busy nowadays, but is it still nice?

We're basically looking for a paradise beach where we can do some snorkelling, eat/drink in relaxed bars/restaurants, and generally chill out!! If anyone has been to Gili Air off Lombok, then that's the sort of vibe we're looking for!!

Any beach hut recommendations too?

Help!

I know what you mean about the amount of choice! I visited the same part of Thailand a few months ago, and a friend recommended getting in touch with Symbiosis Expedition Planning. I did and they were excellent in taking me through the options and teasing out of me exactly what i was looking for - which resulted in a great tailor made package. Take a look at their website www.symbiosis-travel.com and email them...

• 2 weeks later...

Koh Lanta is not to busy or hectic as long as you dont stay near Saladan. Try Lanta Merry huts. Very quiet and chilled. Also not to far to other Bars, with a chilled ou atmosphere. Got a couple of mates who live there(Thai) Pm if you want and i'll email you some pics. The beach is ok. The sea is good. Though a bit rocky when the tide is out. But still one of my favourite places in Thailand.