Early Closing Hours Will Cut Flesh Trade – Gov

george

There's only one way to stop the sex tourists coming to Thailand, and that is to Jail them, or heavily fine them. If say for example 2000 were jailed every year, and another 50,000 fined upwards of 100,000 baht and banned from entering Thailand for 10 years, that would send shockwaves across to the sex tourists worldwide to stay the <deleted> away from Thailand. I mean why not take this route, after all prostitution IS illegal in Thailand!?!?

Maybe this would affect the sex tourism; but I doubt that prostitution will become less "attractive"...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one way to stop the sex tourists coming to Thailand, and that is to Jail them, or heavily fine them. If say for example 2000 were jailed every year, and another 50,000 fined upwards of 100,000 baht and banned from entering Thailand for 10 years, that would send shockwaves across to the sex tourists worldwide to stay the <deleted> away from Thailand.

Impractical at best. Besides the system is too corrupt- you are assuming the govt and police are motivated by good intentions apart from profit.

I agree. Doing this would only create a new generation of rich cops. A sex tourist would be given the option of paying a 100,000 baht fine and being banned from Thailand or paying a 100,000 baht bribe to the cop who is harrassing him.