Health Insurance - When To Buy?

Hi

Myself (38 years) and my husband (46 years) are moving out to Phuket July / August time to retire (from the UK). We will be taking out Health Insurance but not sure if it is best to get it in the UK or wait until we are in Thailand?

We would appreciate any advise and also any recommendations as to which company to go with (only really know BUPA).

Hopefully I have provided enough information? If not, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

RoyalJenny

Hi

Myself (38 years) and my husband (46 years) are moving out to Phuket July / August time to retire (from the UK). We will be taking out Health Insurance but not sure if it is best to get it in the UK or wait until we are in Thailand?

We would appreciate any advise and also any recommendations as to which company to go with (only really know BUPA).

Thanks in advance

RoyalJenny

RoyalJenny

May we be the first to welcome you to Thai Visa.

Now you have joined you can take advantage of the Thai Visa Insurance plans. Please go to :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com

and complete the quotation form :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

Hi

Thanks in advance

RoyalJenny

A month before you get sick is the best time to buy.

David

Hi

Thanks in advance

RoyalJenny

A month before you get sick is the best time to buy.

David

If you intend to retire to Thailand, better you shop around for a quote over here. I have BUPA thailand which gives very good cover for Thailand medical proceedures.

You can also include worldwide cover (except USA). Bupa is regonised world wide and I found it to be hassle free and they pay up promptly, they even return 10% of the premium if you do not use them for the particular year.

Hassle free is important as some hospitals are choosy on whose insurances they will except.

Hope it helps

Cheers