3 Month Single Entry Visa

It looks like I'm not going back offshore for about 2 months now so rather than do 2 X Cambodia runs I'd rather start my new passport of with a real visa.

At the moment I'm on a 30 day entry stamp which ends on the 23rd which I got as I stepped off the boat I work on.

I only need a single entry.

What is the quickest and easiest place to get a 3 monther without going overboard on expenses?

Probably Vientiane is your best bet - you can fly domestic to Udon and bus from there. But if you have lead time to buy discount ticket Penang or KL would offer visa free entry and probably competitive price. All should be OK for a single entry tourist visa.

Kurgen, you don’t say if you are married to a Thai but if you are you should check if the immigration office will give you a 60-day extension to be with your wife. Others have obtained such extension.

--

Maestro

Kurgen, you don’t say if you are married to a Thai but if you are you should check if the immigration office will give you a 60-day extension to be with your wife. Others have obtained such extension.

--

Maestro

I was married in Feb this year and have registered it with the Embassy and all the relevant Thai authorities, so please tell me more about 60 day extensions.

You go to your immigration office any time before your current permission to stay expires and ask for the form for extension of stay. They will will give you form TM.7

Bring along

-- 2 passport photos,

-- your passport and 2 copies of the pages with ID, entry stamp, departure card

-- 2 cpies of wife’s Thai ID card, signed by her

-- 2 copies of wife's household registration, signed by her

-- 1,900 Baht (application fee)

That’s about it, I believe. Bring your wife along, if she feels like it, but I believe it is not mandatory.

On TM.7, in the field “Reason for application”, write “visit Thai wife”

You will receive a 60-day extension under clause 7.23 of Police Order 606/2549

It is possible that they will want only one copy where I said two.

--

Maestro