What Does 'fully Furnished' Mean In Thailand?

Hello All,

I'm moving to Bkk in 2 weeks for at least 1 year. Looking through the apartment to rent ads, most are listed as being fully furnished. Does fully furnished mean everything (just turn up with suitcases - everything from furniture to cutlery, toasters etc supplied), or does it just mean the 'big stuff' is supplied (fridge, couch, bed etc.)?

I fully expect, and would want to, supply my own manchester (linen, towels etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Mal.

depends on who is renting ,farang or thai,if its thai they only supply the basics ie bed couch fridge tv,if farang mostly everything ,you have to call them and ask what they supply,one apartment needing more items can cost you and make a cheap rent into a big one ,at the end of your stay you have to try and sell the extra items you've bought ,not always easy,you may spend 30-40000b and if you dont sell them it will add 3-4000b a month to your rent

in a higher quality (more expensive places) you should expect everything, but it doesn't quarante the quality or how new and clean the furniture and equipment is. In the thai style appartments they do rent out additional furniture.

when chosing an appartment check how good air conditioning is, some older types are energy wasters and are noisy. Winter times shower heater becomes handy and water filter can save you on carrying bottles.

Hello All,

I'm moving to Bkk in 2 weeks for at least 1 year. Looking through the apartment to rent ads, most are listed as being fully furnished. Does fully furnished mean everything (just turn up with suitcases - everything from furniture to cutlery, toasters etc supplied), or does it just mean the 'big stuff' is supplied (fridge, couch, bed etc.)?

I fully expect, and would want to, supply my own manchester (linen, towels etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Mal.

You can turn up with suitcases only at Serviced Apartments.

Anything less, more for you to bring in.

Furnished usually means the big stuff. Sofa Fridge Bed etc.

You would normally supply your own linens cutlery dishes. It may or may not include a TV.

As mentioned above if you want to come with just a suitcase choose serviced apartment.

You can turn up with suitcases only at Serviced Apartments. Anything less, more for you to bring in.

not necessarily. during planning and construction period of our home we first rented a penthouse in Jomtien and later a detached house in the community we were building. both rentals were fully furnished to the extent that we could have moved in with our toothbrushes.

Take Fully Furnished to mean that all the main stuff is there. The Furniture. Thats what fully furnished is after all.

Only in 2-5% of places will you find cutlery, crockery etc.

Budget to buy your own bed linen. You dont want to sleep on someone elses bed linen after all.

What's fully furnished to me may be partially furnished to you. Up to both sides in any agreement to put their cards on the table about expectations and what is offered. Ask as many questions as you can, and be sure you know what you are getting in any separate deal. You can be sure the next lease will be different.