Applying For Non-imm B Visa By Post Hull

Hello all, any advice appreciated.

I am English, 30, male,,single..

Anyway am looking to apply for my Visa this weekend. I plan to be in Thailand from November to March and then again later in the year.

I think my best option is to apply for a Non Immigration B visa from Hull consulate.

does this sound ok? I am going to apply for tourism, to visit my girlfriend and other friends and also am looking into exporting certain Thai goods to the UK to retailers. I am thinking of applying for a multi-immigration B visa as I understand on a Tourist visa I may be 'pushing it' if I send items to the UK. I will not be sending counterfeited goods and will be sending mostly Thai produced goods.

Asides from any business point of view, if I apply to the consulate stating a brief description of the above, with the form, my photos, my fee and also an accompanying letter, for instance from my parents to say they will pay for repatriation in the event of etc. Is this likely in other peoples experiences enough to get the visa.. or am I far short of the qualifying mark? I really don't want to use a tourist visa as I want to have the freedom to send things to the UK.

As always any advice from the board would be greatly received.

Khop khun mark khrup.

:o

aye up mate

i'm in lincoln and flying out to thailand to start work on november 3. i called hull a couple of weeks ago and asked about the same kind of visa but was told it could take up to three weeks. that was too long so i got the train to london and applied in person at the thai embassy (tube: gloucester place). it was ready in two days so i gave my mate the receipt and got him to post it back up to me. now i have the visa and i'm ready to go :o

Hello all, any advice appreciated.

I am English, 30, male,,single..

Anyway am looking to apply for my Visa this weekend. I plan to be in Thailand from November to March and then again later in the year.

I think my best option is to apply for a Non Immigration B visa from Hull consulate.

does this sound ok? I am going to apply for tourism, to visit my girlfriend and other friends and also am looking into exporting certain Thai goods to the UK to retailers. I am thinking of applying for a multi-immigration B visa as I understand on a Tourist visa I may be 'pushing it' if I send items to the UK. I will not be sending counterfeited goods and will be sending mostly Thai produced goods.

Asides from any business point of view, if I apply to the consulate stating a brief description of the above, with the form, my photos, my fee and also an accompanying letter, for instance from my parents to say they will pay for repatriation in the event of etc. Is this likely in other peoples experiences enough to get the visa.. or am I far short of the qualifying mark? I really don't want to use a tourist visa as I want to have the freedom to send things to the UK.

As always any advice from the board would be greatly received.

Khop khun mark khrup.

:o

Apply for Non-Immigrant B visa at Hull based on business alone. Don't mention tourism at all.

i'm only relating what i was told by the thai embassy in hull - believe me i didn't want to spend £50 on a train fare and have a day off work to go to the smoke. they told me three weeks - no good for me.

cheers zenbangkok, the same to you mate. i can't wait to get out there now. just booked my flight from manchester...............

i'm only relating what i was told by the thai embassy in hull - believe me i didn't want to spend £50 on a train fare and have a day off work to go to the smoke. they told me three weeks - no good for me.

cheers zenbangkok, the same to you mate. i can't wait to get out there now. just booked my flight from manchester...............

He didn't believe you Ken. :o

They told you wrong then, or you misheard them. In the four years I've been dealing with Hull it's never even taken a week! AND that's mailing it there and back. They GUARANTEE if you go in PERSON you'll get it the SAME DAYy!

Check their website for confirmation!

If you've not got a guarantors letter from a Thai company/school offering you a job or from a sponsoring Thai company can you get a Non Imm 'B'?

Reason I ask is that I was told "no", when I was in the Hull Consulate in July. Get a multi entry Non Imm 'O' instead - on the form just say you want to visit friends in Thailand. ( Don't worry about not having a B visa when you mail stuff home - the post office dont check passports.)

Call then up, make an appointment, go in person and you'll be in and out in 15 mins. (Less if you've already filled in the downloadable application form.)

As Kenkaniff said - check their website - Bring the correct docs and you won't have any hassles.

I didn't think they had any Thai staff there? Or at least that's what I was told by them?

"Applicants wishing to attend this office in person for WHILE-YOU-WAIT visas must telephone 01482 581668 to arrange an appointment. There is an extra charge for this service."

^From their website!

You do need sponsorship for a Non-imm B generally! But as you can (generally) use a Non-imm O in the same manner, not a biggie!

Edited by kenkannif

OK, update.

Sent my application, passport fee etc Tuesday mornig. Lady from Hull (Royal Thai Consulate) has called me Wednesday morning.

Has my application, say they will not give me a multiple entry non-imm B visa as they have no proof I will be on business in Thailand (have stated I would like to export goods to the UK).

Lady confirmed that they have no problem with giving me a Non-Imm O visa.

So i think as previously stated.. very quick turn-around and friendly staff. :o