Sukhumvit Soi 50 (on Nut) -- Good Area?

mrbelvedere

From what I can find online, this seems like it has some decent places for good prices......

Is this a good area to live? You've got the BTS nearby, but it isn't open all night (that would be sweet if it was). Is a taxi fare from Soi 50 to lets say Soi 11 reasonable?

Thanks,

Tony

From what I can find online, this seems like it has some decent places for good prices......

Is this a good area to live? You've got the BTS nearby, but it isn't open all night (that would be sweet if it was). Is a taxi fare from Soi 50 to lets say Soi 11 reasonable?

Thanks,

Tony

I think its fine as it seems the many, many other farangs living in the area. As stated above, a taxi will cost you all of 70 baht from lower Suk after midnight.

edit, spelling.

Edited by HarryHacker

The reason I ask.......I see alot of apartment ads in that area stating "brand new, right off on nut bts, 11,000 baht"

Is this legit? If so is this a good area (nice apartments with easy access to the lower suk)

Thanks,

Tony

These prices have trebled in as many years (in Onnut)(I saw places 5 minutes from the bts for 3.5k which were as good as places I stayed in later at 12k)(Onnut soi 50, next to Tesco, has a few fair options, as has soi 81 which is opposite Tesco). Look for a house in that area for 10k (a nice quiet 3 bedroom can be found). You'll have to search a little, but it's well worth it. Onnut is ok, and it's great to be close to the bts. I've lived in Thonglor, PraKanong and Onnut they're all nice and easy areas to live.

I found Prakanong (soi 71) to be a good soi to live. It has a Justco and good Thai food on (sub)soi 2, as well as being close to the bts. Few places right on the bts stations are good, and the prices jump up for obvious reasons. If you're willing to go 5 minutes on a motorbike taxi then your options open up loads.

Goodluck.

There's also a Carrefour store very nearby there.... The given price for taxi is about right... maybe a bit less..depending on traffic... Skytrain stops at midnight...so after that it's taxi or bus time...bus easy and much cheaper....

They also will open an extension of the Skytrain sometime soon...going out beyond On Nut toward BangNa...

The neighborhood is fine and near the expressway also....

I had the same choice when I moved here.... but chose around Soi 11 instead...because I didn't want to be making that long trip...day or night time... every time I wanted to go into town....

Im not sure, for example, what is the closest "western" market to there...such as Villa or Tops.... Tesco and Carrefour are good...but some western things...they just don't have....

Thanks,

Tony

You wouldn't want to do this with the traffic - either way!

Pointless living close to the bts and ignoring the 10 minute ride to Asok / Nana and jumping in a taxi for an hour... If you're coming back late at night the traffic on suk past Thonglor / Ekami is horrible - welcome to Bangkok.

There's also a Carrefour store very nearby there.... The given price for taxi is about right... maybe a bit less..depending on traffic... Skytrain stops at midnight...so after that it's taxi or bus time...bus easy and much cheaper....

They also will open an extension of the Skytrain sometime soon...going out beyond On Nut toward BangNa...

The neighborhood is fine and near the expressway also....

I had the same choice when I moved here.... but chose around Soi 11 instead...because I didn't want to be making that long trip...day or night time... every time I wanted to go into town....

Im not sure, for example, what is the closest "western" market to there...such as Villa or Tops.... Tesco and Carrefour are good...but some western things...they just don't have....

Villa - PromPong. Five minutes on the bts.

Good lookin -- thanks for the advice everyone -- I'll prolly just have to get a hotel for 3 days or so and walk the area(s) on foot. It seemed like an okay area when I was there in person 6 months ago.......

To the person who lived in the soi 11 area -- Expensive, no? Anyone care to give a broad price range within close proximity of bts?

Thanks again everyone,

Tony

Good lookin -- thanks for the advice everyone -- I'll prolly just have to get a hotel for 3 days or so and walk the area(s) on foot. It seemed like an okay area when I was there in person 6 months ago.......

To the person who lived in the soi 11 area -- Expensive, no? Anyone care to give a broad price range within close proximity of bts?

Thanks again everyone,

Tony

Should be able to find a place within walking distance of BTS for around 8k-20k baht depending on size and number of rooms.

I've lived on Suk Soi 75/1 close to 4 years now and find it a great area.