Dream World

kurgen

It looks like I am going to Dream World next week to 'see snow'.

I've looked at their website but it's knackered so can someone give me directions (from Pattaya) and some info on what to expect when I eventually get there?

Thanks in advance :o

I've looked at their website but it's knackered so can someone give me directions (from Pattaya) and some info on what to expect when I eventually get there?

You will find that the Web Site only works in Internet Explorer.

Drive in on the Motorway, about 7 km or so before Bangkok, keep your eye open for Hwy 9, the Eastern Ringroad.  The exit will be to the left, up over the cloverleaf, and you'll be heading north.

Continue on north on Hwy 9 to the Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok interchange, that's Hwy 305, at about km 22.  You'll want to take the left exit to RANGSIT.

Head towards Rangsit about 3 km and keep your eyes open for Dream World on your left, across the klong.

Mac

http://www.dreamworld-th.com/english/index.php

http://www.dreamworld-th.com/english/howto-car.php

2. Eastern Ring Road

From Bangpa-In, Ram Indra, Sukhabhibal and Samut Parkran, drive on the new Eastern Ring Road to (the exit way at) Rangsit , then drive a little further to Dream World.

By the way, their www site works fine in Opera.

post-32650-1211511378_thumb.jpg

Went there with the wife a few years ago because she wanted to see snow. It was a bit disappointing to say the least. We went during low season and a lot of the big rides were closed. If you are going for the whole day buy the ticket that gets you on all the rides and into all the attractions, we went for an afternoon so brought tickets for the entrance only then paid when in there for the rides we wanted to go on. The snow dome it self wasn't that good and I wouldn't go for that alone. The wife liked it said it was nice but didn't like the cold. Also make sure the wife wears trousers when you go because as I discovered Thais have no concept of cold, they do provide you with jackets and wellies. Enjoy.

Was there 2 weeks ago today. Quite enjoyed it (day tarnished only by leaving my wallet in the cab home).... Took 2 girls I know. You can search for the vid I took from the cable car on youtube.

I took a taxi there which cost about 300b. It's some way past Don Meuang. There's a rank outside the main exit.

Snowtown was fun, but it's not like fresh powder. Think snow that's turned to slush and refrozen. I found Thai girls don't like having it thrown in their face.

Take socks or the well used gumboots will feel very slimey. And if you wear glasses, they'll fog up the instant you step out of the cold.

Dual pricing of course. And we buy ours in a separate office.

Some quite good rides, and good for kids, but don't expect Disneyworld.

He's a satellite view: http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=13.9908742&a...amp;m=a&v=2

It's actually quite a lot more substantial than it looks in this image.

So how much will it cost for the whole day for Me, 2 Thai adults and a rug rat ?

Cheers

Can't remember exactly how much but think Thai entry was about 200b including most rides etc. Mine about double. Snowtown cost extra: 150 for me but don't remember for them. Food was cheap enough: 35b for a bowl of noodle soup.

I reckon 2000b would be plenty for the group, not inc transport.

I paid about 990 Baht including Snow Town in June 2007 for each of us: farang and Thai girl. I got Thai price by speaking Thai and showing a Thai ATM card; they were thankfully relaxed about double-pricing so long as you appear to be a genuine resident. Socks and a plastic bag for afterwards are a great idea for lining the sticky, sweat-soaked wellington boots. Best thing was coming back out into the tropical sunshine ... what a torture to live at minus 6-degrees! A good day out with plenty of photo ops. Eat before you go in; not much in there. Make sure you arrive by noon, otherwise not enough time to see all before closing time.

Edited by Trevor

• 4 weeks later...
I paid about 990 Baht including Snow Town in June 2007 for each of us: farang and Thai girl. I got Thai price by speaking Thai and showing a Thai ATM card; they were thankfully relaxed about double-pricing so long as you appear to be a genuine resident. Socks and a plastic bag for afterwards are a great idea for lining the sticky, sweat-soaked wellington boots. Best thing was coming back out into the tropical sunshine ... what a torture to live at minus 6-degrees! A good day out with plenty of photo ops. Eat before you go in; not much in there. Make sure you arrive by noon, otherwise not enough time to see all before closing time.

Get off at Mo chit station then get a meter taxi (300baht) to Dreamworld (450baht entrance fee). Dont waste your money on Snowtown (extra cost).

Cessnock