Non Thai Food

Jockstar

Just an asumption. Do Thais like other types of food? I personally love Thai food. I will try any type of food. But some of my Thai friends are not as open to trying different food. If its not Thai. They say'I dont like it" I used to have an ex gf. I asked her "Do you like Tacos?" No she said. Ok you order down stairs and i'll eat tacos. So anyway i made the tacos and she says can i try. No way , you dont like it. So anyway i let her her try and she loved it. Are they afraid of the unknown or what? my current gf loves everything i make or order. She always asks. "will i like it?" My answer is trust me you will. Never been wrong yet. Anyone ever had this problem ? ie Thais saying they dont like but have never tried.

A number a years ago I wanted Pizza so I went to pizzahut with my gf and there was no Thai food. She was a sad muppet - I said give it a try and she absolutely loved it. I think when they say they don't like farrang food it really means they haven't tried it before.

My wife likes all kinds of farang food, european, usa, indian, uk,

we mainly eat thai though because its what i prefer.

She prefers Thai food, normal, you like what you ate when you were young.

When you were learning.

Getting bad and good habits forever printed in your mind.

I preferred European food, for the same reasons.

But I could adapt, no choice :D , and I love Thai food.

Still like European food though...

And she can adapt also.

No difference,

If living in Europe/USA for quite some time, she will adapt to the food.

And like it.

But will still prefer the Thai food.

Aren't we all the same? :o:D

I think sometimes Thais can be uneasy having to use a knife and fork. Years ago, a few girls I knew seemed reluctant to try anything that required using a knife and fork. So if I fancied something farang then I had to choose somewhere that also served Thai food just for them.

Do Thais like other types of food?

Not that my fiancee is representative of all Thai people but steak (neua/r/-han/f/ or neua/r/-sa/m/-dtek/r/) comes to mind. She loves it. She also digs yaki-niku, which is japanese style cooking, where people cook their own meats and veggies on the tabletop grill and then dip them into various sauces.

My gf is trying all kind of food, but she dont like pizza's then (she will eat it if hungry).

We mostly eat thai food anyway, cuz its cheep and.....WE DO stay in thailand... :D

My g/f likes pizza (from Pizza hut), beef burgers (from the mobile food stall guy at Karon, Phuket) and Japanese (Fuji Restaurant). She will also occasionally cook bacon, fried eggs, sausage, toast and beans for breakfast - and tucks in like a truck driver at a transport cafe :D

But she absolutely hates Indian (which I love) :o

Mine loves all kinds of food -- even the stuff Thais are not usually supposed to like (Indian food, smelly cheeses, etc.). But her favorite of all (when we visit the States) is fajitas. Oh, and my Mom's special Southern fried chicken and cherry cobbler.

My gf now likes indian. We went to Singapore in May and i ordered a lamb dish. She says. :Lamb- men(smelly). I said just wait and try it. She did and now loves it so much. Never had a decent Indian in Thailand though. She also likes Italian, Mexican,Chinese, Japanese and just about everything else. My ex was thje opposite. Wouldnt try anything. Just decided her head that she wouldn't like it. She was nuts anyway.

Its the fear of the unknown, simple as that. Long ago, before people knew what caused thunder and lightning, they held great fear of it. Same goes for earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanos or whatever. They thought it was the Gods getting upset with them. Little bit of a lopsided analogy but you get my drift.