Brit Shot And Robbed In Chalong, Phuket

JetsetBkk

have these attacks ever happened to people in cars?

Yes 2 motorbikes force you to stop

One gun shot in the car make you hand your cash. They throw the car keys in the night

There were 'only' 2 Thais in the car,one of them my friend at the time

How do they force a car to stop?

One bike drives in front of the car, the other bike comes along the driver of the car and the bike's passenger points and shoot

I would have stopped too !

I mean no harm to any decent persons and I am sorry if my earlier postings upset any of the members but with regards to humanity...I will not care the hoots if people who run beer bars or ago-go bars that directly or indirectly support the flesh trade, prostitution or human trafficking or paedophilia are attacked! The same goes for drug traffickers, killers and also people who run illegal gambling establishments and also white collar criminals who cheat honest hard-working people of their monies.

Take a look at Patpong, Suriwong, Soi Twilight, The A Go-go bars in Pattaya and Phuket, majority are not Thai-owned rather owned by Brits, Germans or Americans.

(and also by Japanese in places like Thaniya and Sukhumvit 31 and 33. Even Chuwit who once owned many massage parlours in Bangkok will tell you that he had a lot of financing initially from German abd British businessmen! and his current hotel at Suk 24 has a couple of British investors!)

Bloody hel_l, I'd put my foot down, aiming directly for the bike in front. :o

Phuket sounds frightening these days, the amount of reports that I see about the place.

Good luck to you and risk to get your head blown off. Not worth it in my opinion but to each its own.

For one I am glad my friend did not and was alive to tell the tale less his cash and gold necklace

To be honest, I'd be scared of getting my head blown off if I stopped the car. I really don't know what I would do in that situation actually, I think panic would make me put my foot down more than anything.

To be honest, I'd be scared of getting my head blown off if I stopped the car. I really don't know what I would do in that situation actually, I think panic would make me put my foot down more than anything.

Same here. I certainly wouldn't stop for two people wearing full-face helmets for any reason if the road was deserted.

Ok, here goes...

He was driving her home to his family home so that she would not be left in the bar on her own.

Perhaps when at his home his wife and he would supply her with breakfast and when it was daylight and safe for her to return the bike then off she would go.

Or am I just naive?

To be honest, I'd be scared of getting my head blown off if I stopped the car.

could get your head blown off if you tried to escape too , a motorcycle can usually out accelerate a car and they are easier to manoever too.

i'd wait until they come alongside , brake sharply thereby allowing them to move ahead and then speed up and mow them down , but in a panic situation i'd probably mess it all up.

Sounds like a tricky maneuver to me Tax. On second thoughts I'd try to swerve into the biker with the gun. But really, stopping would be the last thing on my mind.

I will have to get down to Thailand's top tourist destination sometime soon and give Death Race 2008 a try. :o

All I can say is, I'd hate to be on trial with a jury made up of some of the posters here. Some of the assumptions expressed here are totally out of line.

We're just playing the percentages that's all...and I like our odds much better than yours.

Yet another motorcyclist is shot on Phuket by motorbike bandits.

This thread needs cleaning up. It will be read by the victim and people who know him.

Edited by Briggsy

This thread needs cleaning up. It will be read by the victim and people who know him.

I quite agree. Where's a moderator when you need one? Please delete all the pedophile references in my thread or close it. There are just too many sick b@stards on this forum.

And delete this post too.

Thank you. :o

I have removed most of the posts from this thread due to being off topic and making wild assumptions that quite frankly have no place in this thread.

Out of respect for the victims and their families I will now close this thread

Totster