Too Many "stickies" On The First Page Of The Forum

hi guys

its a small thing but does anyone else agree with me that its time to find another place for the ever increasing list of "stickies" that appear on page 1 of the forum. I for one have no use for them and would prefer not to see them taking up half a page of the forum forcing me to check pages 2 and 3 in case I missed any news or posts........ Can't the stickies just go into 1 folder or on another page entirely for thse that need them ??

just a thought

JAF

hi guys

its a small thing but does anyone else agree with me that its time to find another place for the ever increasing list of "stickies" that appear on page 1 of the forum. I for one have no use for them and would prefer not to see them taking up half a page of the forum forcing me to check pages 2 and 3 in case I missed any news or posts........ Can't the stickies just go into 1 folder or on another page entirely for thse that need them ??

just a thought

JAF

Seconded.

Good observation JAF. Great suggestion Oilinki. Stick the stickies on a sidebar. I too got tired of seeing those over and over again every time I open this page.

I like this thread, but please, don't stick it up there. :o

Don't know here but several fora software packs have the ability to configure stickies into a panel, so one can expand to see if a topic is there. Problem, though, of course, is the increase in people not looking and asking the same questions ad nauseam.

Regards

PS One quick way is to coalesce the games platforms into one sub topic for example.

Edited by A_Traveller

Guest Reimar

If you go to My Controls ->Options ->Board Settings you can set the amount of post to shown on one page to a max of 40. I've that since I'm on this board.

The "Stickies" or better Important Topics are very usefull like for Supplier info's, Troubleshooting procedures, phone numbers and so on. Even for topics like the uTube one, the "sticky" is very usefull because of get all related post together instead of highly multiple topics for the same problems.

On one hand that idea is very good but on the other hand there is also some disadvantage. It's even possible, if move the "Stickies" or Important Topics to an separate Sub-Forum, that that Sub-forum will be "dead" because everybody will post in the Main-Forum and the Mod's need to move that post but leave a copy in the Main-Forum.

Finally that means: more steps for everybody, members and Mod's if need some infos from there, or would like to post there as well. And the space requirement for the forum will increase also.

Cheers.

Looks much better, nice work and a very fast response.

Any chance of getting a separate forum for 'announcement' type messages (ie "Version 7 of SuperDuperCache has been released!" / "Monster Truck Rally now available for download!" ). IMHO, these type of messages don't really fit with the rest of the threads where people are seeking help or people who are starting a discussion that others would be more likely to respond to.