Bus 552 Now Picks Up Directly From Airport?

I read on another forum that CITY BUS #552 now picks up directly from the airport terminal, bottom level.

Can anyone verify this? I know before that you had to get the same bus from the Transportation Center Bus Station.

Stopping at the terminal would make getting the bus a little easier.

Also, can anyone verify that the bus runs all night.

Thank you.

I read on another forum that CITY BUS #552 now picks up directly from the airport terminal, bottom level.

Can anyone verify this? I know before that you had to get the same bus from the Transportation Center Bus Station.

Thank you.

Caught Bus #552 today. First caught a shuttle from the airport to the Transportation Center, about a couple kilometers away, then transferred to bus #552. Just took a few minutes to get to the Transportation Center but then had to wait awhile for the bus #552 to leave. Took about an hour and 15 minutes to get to On Nut BTS station.

Thank you.

Caught Bus #552 today. First caught a shuttle from the airport to the Transportation Center, about a couple kilometers away, then transferred to bus #552. Just took a few minutes to get to the Transportation Center but then had to wait awhile for the bus #552 to leave. Took about an hour and 15 minutes to get to On Nut BTS station.

Thanks. I have taken the 552 bus before from the transportation center. I read another post on a different forum that the same bus now picks up directly from the airport terminal near door 6 and there is no reason to take the shuttle for that particular bus. Just curious.

Edited by Bacus

Thanks. I have taken the 552 bus before from the transportation center. I read another post on a different forum that the same bus now picks up directly from the airport terminal near door 6 and there is no reason to take the shuttle for that particular bus. Just curious.

That may be the case, however, I caught bus #554 near door 6, which went directly to the transportation center, and dropped off the passengers. It may have continued on its route from there, but in either case, it stopped at the transportation center first.

That may be the case, however, I caught bus #554 near door 6, which went directly to the transportation center, and dropped off the passengers. It may have continued on its route from there, but in either case, it stopped at the transportation center first.

sometimes, seems to depend on time of day

bus 551is FAR more frequent and runns also far quicker to Vict.Monument, also a skytrain stop. it does pick up at lowest=old taxi level, FAR west, beyond/beside foodcourt. it als serves terminal for drop-off at departures.

this is since sept. 2007.

which again shows me that Thaivisa, alas, is not that well informed on anything they consider "too cheap"

I took 554 to Don Mueang and Rangsit at gate 8, level 1 this last monday morning 26 May, only farang on board.

Bus went direct via Motorway and Ram Intra, Laksi, Wippawadi-Rangsit, 45 minutes, no stop at Transoprtation Center.

Just be aware bus stops left side Wippawadi-Rangsit highway, you need to take overpass to walk to domestic terminal.

I took a cab for 50B with luggage. Bus cost was 34B

Im do not know which buses actually come thru Swampy, but here is all the public bus services, and fares from Swampy.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

NO, alas, this site is NOT complete and also partly out of date. Besides, the average farng has no idea where all these aprts of BKK are. Again however I would like to pointthat taking the bus 552 to Onnut is not very wise> takes far too long and all those who do dont appear to know that after Onnut it simply continues via Sukhumvit till Asoke

Im do not know which buses actually come thru Swampy, but here is all the public bus services, and fares from Swampy.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

NO, alas, this site is NOT complete and also partly out of date. Besides, the average farng has no idea where all these aprts of BKK are. Again however I would like to pointthat taking the bus 552 to Onnut is not very wise> takes far too long and all those who do dont appear to know that after Onnut it simply continues via Sukhumvit till Asoke

Rather than dropping little hints, perhaps you could contribute a comprehensive, up-to-date, detailed route guide?

Edited by lomatopo

Why use Thai buses when taxis are so cheap? Especially during the turmoil of air travel? Lunatic false economy IMHO.

There are some ppl around who get a kick out of doing things as cheap as possible.

Myself I see it as a challenge.

I know where places are in Bangers, I started by using info desk at Don Muang, 5 years ago.

If in doubt ask, simple as that,

A bus for 35 baht into Victory, and another 50 baht max, taxi ride, will get you to most popular destinations in Bangers.

Save over well 200 baht, against taxi fair from Swampie. If 2 or more travelling, then taxi could work out better, but not not much if anything for 2 ppl, 3, yes.

The express bus, is not really an option, unless you know exactly where you are staying. Runs a route, drops you off near where you want, hopefully.

Why use Thai buses when taxis are so cheap? Especially during the turmoil of air travel? Lunatic false economy IMHO.

There are some ppl around who get a kick out of doing things as cheap as possible.

Myself I see it as a challenge.

I know where places are in Bangers, I started by using info desk at Don Muang, 5 years ago.

If in doubt ask, simple as that,

A bus for 35 baht into Victory, and another 50 baht max, taxi ride, will get you to most popular destinations in Bangers.

Save over well 200 baht, against taxi fair from Swampie. If 2 or more travelling, then taxi could work out better, but not not much if anything for 2 ppl, 3, yes.

The express bus, is not really an option, unless you know exactly where you are staying. Runs a route, drops you off near where you want, hopefully.

The train used to be the cheapest way of getting into bkk from Don Muang. It was 10 bht!

Then get the MRT. interchange with BTS if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you could put uncertainty and fear of being ripped off as a reason why, along with all the negative publicity relating to the subject.

Providing the meter taxis stick to the rules and start getting to grips with the abusers among their ranks and eliminate them the situation would much improve.

After all it,s not so much extra and hardly expensive to use a taxi, plus when put against convenience it,s more than worth the price.

marshbags :o

I think you could put uncertainty and fear of being ripped off as a reason why, along with all the negative publicity relating to the subject.

Providing the meter taxis stick to the rules and start getting to grips with the abusers among their ranks and eliminate them the situation would much improve.

After all it,s not so much extra and hardly expensive to use a taxi, plus when put against convenience it,s more than worth the price.

marshbags :o

I agree about taxis.

Public Bus for me, only inconvenience is waiting for the bus, not long as a rule, often gotta wait for taxis too.

Last time, early and avoiding the tollways, it cost 170 baht jn Taximeter, bus 35 to Victory.

I stay on Sukimvit, bus passes door..

After 0600, it will be heavy traffic.

Bus suits me when lotsa time going to Swampy.