Bittorrent Speed

kabal1234

For those wracking their brains to get good torrent speeds.

I've now come to the inevitable conclusion that with a True 512 it's impossible.

I woke up this morning to see with delight that I was getting unbelievable speeds of 70-80 (all off 1 peer) after averaging 1-5 before. Then I woke up to reality and saw that I WAS that peer from my office computer (I had downloaded the same torrent by accident).

So I now KNOW that my setup is fine and it's totally due to the crappy international bandwidth allocated by True.

I'd love to track down some torrent sites based it Thailand, but my search has been fruitless. Maybe if someone can write Thai they might get better google results and share them.

Anyway, this was for those such as Pieman having BitTorrent troubles.

Cheers

Yeah, I once got a solid 100KBs, 700 megs in 3hours 20 min. So it does work. Can work. Just won't work.

As for writing Thai, I can read fairly well but they would write 'bit torrent' in English anyway. If you come across any Thai script with the word bit torrent send me the link and I'll read it. But I think that expats are far more likely to solve a computer problem before the Thai.

Ok, tried the link Kabal, but have to sign up for the web site. I've done that but my email usually takes 5-10 hours to regeister an incoming message. (can't say why - its just useless).

I'm still dl ladykillers from suprnova - there are several versions there but only one with lots of seeders. I'm getting 50Megs/hour down, and 80megs/hour up. Someone jump abourd and try it.

I got 13 results for ladykillers. 1 with 271 seeds:

The ladykillers DVDRIP XVID MP3 [www.elmejorwares.org]

hxxp://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2830/The%20ladykillers%20DVDRIP%20XVID%20MP3%20[www.elmejorwarez.org].torrent

but I got urlopen error 10061

Franky, try this torrent link:

hxxp://www.potuk.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2046

I'm half done, but it's only going at 2 should be time to jump on.

You should really suck up my ul bandwidth. It's just an old monkey epidode.

Well, it's official. I am getting the Monkey episode at an instant 30+ kBs, from only seconds after I started it.

The.Ladykillers.dvdrip.xvid is the file name. It's at http://www.suprnova.org/

under movies/comedy

and has the code 30-08 It's 709Mb and currently has 89 seeds. I have 457 megs after 10 hours (730Megs up)and am getting 4kBs

btw, I think it is a Tom Hanks Movie

it comes after the Italian Job, and there is a larger ladykillers file after it at 1500Megs There is another ladykillers file further down so make sure you scan right through. GL

I might drop the monkey episode as a friend has the whole series on dvd. It is maintaining speed with no problem.

Ok, did you look at the peer in "Advanced" that was supplying the data? Was it ALL me? Did the IP start with 61? That confirms my fear.

Are you still on ladtkillers? I got the right torrent... started it up, but my client only reported seeing 2 peers and 8 seeds and my dl is struggling to get to 1... <deleted>?

How many peers and seeds are you seeing now on ladykillers?

Your using BitTornado right?

Are you on True?

What's your package? 512/256?

later

reading 11 peers, 30 seeds. Hash for DL

f0dc5c8ba515cce70469f5e4b3ac16e0b4e8e267

I was getting all the 30 kBs from one source but did not note the IP

Presumably, providing you are on the same torrent (709 meg total) it will take time to find my machine which has been uploading steadily. I'll up the bandwidth. There were quite a few versions of this film at suprnova so double check that you have the right one.

I'll try turning it off and on again and see if it connects to closer peers first.

sorry, yes I'm using Bit Tornado, though I have most of the other clients installed too. I'm on TRUEHISP 1000/500 (ish) and can upload at about 40+kBs with no problem.

Guess we could always set up a server using direct share and make a little community. That way DL should always max out. Then there is Skype. I'd be happy to skype large files - at max upload I guess a 700 meg file should complete in around 5 hours. But I really want to get this BT working. The new morpheus is a waste of time, and requires the firewall to be turned off which has given me an unshakable virus hidden in the stisvc.exe service.

Ok, with the LK torrent, I can't see you and you can't see me, and I dunno why. I'm getting a yellow light with this one, but my IP as reported to the tracker should be correct. But one conclusion we did reach was that if you do connect to a thai peer your in for some good speeds, so I assume inter bandwidth is the limiting factor here.

thaitorrents.com anyone?

I got 13 results for ladykillers. 1 with 271 seeds:

The ladykillers DVDRIP XVID MP3 [www.elmejorwares.org]

hxxp://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2830/The%20ladykillers%20DVDRIP%20XVID%20MP3%20[www.elmejorwarez.org].torrent

but I got urlopen error 10061

started if going about 7 hours ago, before I went out..

32 (165) seeds... 68 (570) peers... 15 to 22kB/s :o Which isnt much diff to others

End of the day it wont do any harm , there must be some sort of local IP scope selection built into it somewhere :D

my IP according to the 'connected' icon in task bar is

external IP address is 203.144.144.186.

port range is default 10 000 - 60 000

The external IP is a true proxy gateway and that is the IP what is being reported 2 the tracker, hence yer <deleted> speeds :D U need to configure yer client with a static ip to send to tha trackers :o

ipconfig /all

W2000 IP config

description WAN (ppp/slip) interface

physical address 00-53-45-00-00-00

DHCP enabled No

IP Address 61.90.9.253

subnet mask 255.255.255.255

Default gateway 61.90.9.253

DNS servers 203.144.255.244

NETBIOS over TCP disabled

from connection icon on task bar

server ip address 61.90.9.1

client ip address 61.90.9.253

portforward.com reports:

Your external IP address is 203.144.144.186.

For Bit tornado the only place to enter your ip has a roll over description:

the IP reported to the tracker. Unless you are on the same intranet as this client the tracker will auto detect the clients IP and use this value

Torrent storm has an option to enter an IP under view/settings/downloader options

which figure do I put in?????????

thanks for your help

Pandit

hi'

connected to the same torrent ..

the ladykillers.dvdrip.xvid @suprnova.org

get 83peers and 179seeds, download @ average 10kb/s

I use abc 2.69 wich is based on bit-tornado.0.20.

upload at 30kb/s. (real up 4kb/s)

not this bad :o

other one with 6p/6s

download average 18kb/s .. nice :D

up 5.5kb/s

have you any trick to increase the download speed ?

cheers

francois