Sound Proofing

zorro1

i sound proofed our nightclub walls with soundproof plasterboard, it was just 16mm plasterboard with like a thick rubber sheet stuck to it, basically i built a frame wood 2x2 to leave a gap put loft insulation (they called it soundproof and charged more for it) in it, then screwed the plasterboard to frame, then got a plasterer in to skim it, was a waste of time actully but we had to do it for council do gooders!

hope that helps!

chris

I'm guess you mean that the door fit is poor and you get sound transmission from the corridor/hallway? Id so, you're best bet is to apply 'draught' sealing which will reduce the ease with which sound can be transmitted.

If I've misunderstood your request apologies.

Regards

I would like to sound proof the aircon room in my BKK condo. Its a walk in door and its the door area that needs it. Any ideas anyone?

Look at soundstop.net - they have some good materials I've used before. Homepro also sell a limited range of soundproofing material.

Thanks everyone tips appreciated. I'm not much of a handyman so I will try to find a tradesman. The door to the a/c room opens up to my lounge room and its a poor quality door almost like compressed balsa wood or something

It could be that the door itself is acting as a sounding-board.

Is it one of those with a very thin skim of ply over a cardboard honeycomb inner ?

If so replace it with a good solid door and seal all gaps with draught excluding sponge advesive, this should help considerably.

Cheers & Good Luck

It could be that the door itself is acting as a sounding-board.

Is it one of those with a very thin skim of ply over a cardboard honeycomb inner ?

If so replace it with a good solid door and seal all gaps with draught excluding sponge advesive, this should help considerably.

Cheers & Good Luck

I think that might be the answer as it is a pretty crappy door (new condo :o )