Non Immigrant B- Shanghai?

I plan to go to Shanghai next month for a Non B visa.

Is there anyone who did this before me with any relevant information?

Where to go, what to do where to stay and so on.

Do I have to get my visa to enter China before I leave Thailand?( I’m British)

I plan to go to Shanghai next month for a Non B visa.

Is there anyone who did this before me with any relevant information?

Where to go, what to do where to stay and so on.

Do I have to get my visa to enter China before I leave Thailand?( I’m British)

I don't know about the Non imm-B,

But yes you will need a visa for China. Most travel agents will do one in a couple of days. Just two photographs and your passport. I think it worked out about 20USD for 1 month tourist.

When you arrive there is an ATM upstairs in the airport. You will be approached by airport staff in blazers. Don't blank them, they are really friendly and helpful. They will find a hotel for you and put you on the right bus.

Get the bus into Shanghai, and get off at the Yan'an Rd stop. Go down the stairs and get a taxi meter. Don't get the ones at the top when you get off the bus. They will try to charge you 10 x the normal price. Keep your recipts, they have a very efficent taxi service, and you can complain, and they know it.

I stayed in the Nanjing Rd (E) area.

Nice city with plenty of nightlife, but you have to find out where to go. There's a website called Shanghai nightlife or something. It lists whats on where and what night.

Hope this helps.

Agree with everything above. Unless you're an American citizen, and they charge you much more (reciprocal to what the USA charges Chinese citizens).

Don't bother trying the very high speed train from the airport; it doesn't take you into town. We took a skytrain that was slower, but it connected to downtown. I was travelling with a native of Shanghai, however.

The folks in blazers were very nice when I came back through alone.