Tractor Accesories

I have joined the club of hobby farmers and last week I got a Kubota 3408. As I'm new to farming, I need some advice for usefull equipments.

Bought the tractor with front blade, 2 different disc plows, trailer and a back hoe.

We/she has 25 rai with cassava and another 10 rai will be planted with rubber tree in the next few weeks.

Furthermore we will make 20 rai rice.

Grateful for any advice for what can be used for different tasks.

I have joined the club of hobby farmers and last week I got a Kubota 3408. As I'm new to farming, I need some advice for usefull equipments.

Bought the tractor with front blade, 2 different disc plows, trailer and a back hoe.

We/she has 25 rai with cassava and another 10 rai will be planted with rubber tree in the next few weeks.

Furthermore we will make 20 rai rice.

How much did the tractor cost you? and the accessories? Have you a photo? I would like to see. :o

Edited by Chris.B

The tractor was 388K but with the hang on 600K. Would like to show some pictures from last week when I was stuck in the rice paddy and have to get an other tractor to release me. If you looking for baby tractors check GaryA posts. Anyway I don't think I will do any money with the tractor. The choise was to buy a Harlye or not. I ended up with a Phantom and a tractor. I'm still a hobby farmer but the tractor gives me a lot of fun. Compared to wake up in Pattaya with nothing to to do, I can now say "Teerak I have to go plowing"

Wannabe farmer

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it gives you hours of fun. The back hoe would be particularly useful at this time of year in repairing paddy bung walls, river banks and drainage channels, wish I had one.

I got stuck last week too, but I was up to the axle in ants nests - horrible, the more I tried to get out the more ants came up. I used the front blade to lift me up and put wooden chocks under the wheels to get out, it should be even easier with a back hoe - for next time!

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it gives you hours of fun. The back hoe would be particularly useful at this time of year in repairing paddy bung walls, river banks and drainage channels, wish I had one.

I got stuck last week too, but I was up to the axle in ants nests - horrible, the more I tried to get out the more ants came up. I used the front blade to lift me up and put wooden chocks under the wheels to get out, it should be even easier with a back hoe - for next time!

Pnustedt, About your comment "easier with a back Hoe" have you purchase one yet. I am in the market and was wondering what you may have done already, cost, issues, etc. I have a Kubota.

...... add a 4 row corn planter to your list of things to buy (if corn is grown in your area) - you'll be in demand each season (especially if you are using a slightly smaller tractor as it'll be cheaper/easier for folk with small fields to use you).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Maipasathai,

Where did you buy your Kubota. And now, a few month later you are still happy with all. I aim asking because in november i will buy the same Kubota. Speciale the Backhoe because i want take out all the trees, because thai people dont remove them, its too expensive i think. But i dont like old trees inside the land