Outback Steakhouse

Goat Roper

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best value for money steak in Bangkok is Steak One (Soi 4 across from Bus Stop Bar-beer - which has the best fish-n-chips in town by the way). A fillet mignon is 230 baht, pepper steak around 210. Great ribs too. And guess what? It's run by a Thai family (they own the upmarket Thai restaurant next door too). BYO Wine is 200 B corkage. And you can watch all the lovelies walk by..make sure you're the one facing the window and not the GF of course! :o

I was at Outback last night having fish and chips...and ceaser salad. Wearing my work shirt and smart trousers, I got asked for a table for two by two Chinese-American guys who thought I was a member of staff.

I was standing by the entrance looking at their pile of magazines they have for customers. I suppose I did look like I wa tidying them up, and with my shirt etc could easily have been mistaken as head waiter.

Food was a let down and the service was crap.

I went to the outback last night and the service was terrible, the head waiter was quite frankly the rudest man I've ever met, when we arrived he was licking his fingers and smoothing down his eyebrows in the foyer mirror, he kept saying "You're a tiger, you're a tiger, grrrrrrrrrrrrr, who loves ya baby" once he'd realised we'd caught him he busied himself by pretending to straighten up the magazines and ignoring our requests to be seated.

On a brighter note, the chicken wings were awesome.

Went the other night.

Second time in the last year. Both times I was not impressed.

The service was good except it very slow for us to get our bill.

As for the food, the potato soup was good.

The "chicken bites" and french fries with cheese.... floating in grease.

Won't go back except for the chain in the States.

Must say, I was impressed how well they were doing with the Thai customers. Perhaps 70% of the tables were full and 75% of those were Thais.

If you live in Thailand, then why the F### would you want to go there. Its a food chain and most of these chains are shit. Go to Carrefour and buy yourself a steak and cook it yourself. it will probably taste better.

agreed, if i wanted a good steak i would go there for it. but then i mainly eat thai fod anyway.

I went to the outback last night and the service was terrible, the head waiter was quite frankly the rudest man I've ever met, when we arrived he was licking his fingers and smoothing down his eyebrows in the foyer mirror, he kept saying "You're a tiger, you're a tiger, grrrrrrrrrrrrr, who loves ya baby" once he'd realised we'd caught him he busied himself by pretending to straighten up the magazines and ignoring our requests to be seated.

On a brighter note, the chicken wings were awesome.

:o:D:D

• 4 years later...

I just ate at the Outback in Siam Discovery, and the service was good, the food was good. The blooming onion was not quite as good as back home, and their menu lacked a lot of things I wanted, but overall I was happy with it. Didn't experience any rude waiter or any loud music at all, just huge portions of almost-as-good-as-back-home outback food.

Old threads can breath new life. :)

I was walking around Siam Sq about a year ago and just fancied a steak. I ordered the most expensive staek on the menu (Australian fillet, around 950 baht if I remember correctly), wasn't blown away and haven't been back... The steak was fine, I just expected better, it wasn't very tender or tasty IMO.

My local foodland does a 'minute steak' for about 130 baht - tastes pretty good for the price.

Edited by jasreeve17

Been to Outback a few times and while the food isn't exactly gourmet, it is pretty tasty and the portions are generous.

Last time I was there I was supposed to meet someone for lunch who didn't show up - the staff didn't charge me for the drinks I had while I was waiting for him. Nice touch I thought.

Been to Outback a few times and while the food isn't exactly gourmet, it is pretty tasty and the portions are generous.

Last time I was there I was supposed to meet someone for lunch who didn't show up - the staff didn't charge me for the drinks I had while I was waiting for him. Nice touch I thought.

does beg the question Dan, did you go without lunch altogether that day then? :)

No, went to somewhere else cheaper! Decent though the food is, it's not the cheapest of places. Not an issue, of course if someone else is (supposedly!) buying... :D

Guess when your friend said lunch is on me, he meant only if you fail to show up. :)

• 5 months later...
It Thailand they have Aussie beef. In the USA they have US steaks.

Steak in NZ is expensive because it is the best and is sold to the big restaurant chains in the US.

They prefer decent steak to local stuff.

We Kiwis put up with a lot of Aust beef...........<deleted>

Edited by Zpete

Gourmet Market (top of emporium) has an amazing steak section- grain fed/grass fed,every cut type- aussie, US, Japan...its there...For restaurants - i once took a date to New York steak house in Mariott soi 4 and the bill was about 8,000 baht for two people...good (but overpriced) steaks, restaurant atmosphere sucks ..wouldn't go there again.