What Do Other Expats Do That You Hate?

Ulysses G.

Why are some of these expat people so bitter,angry and unhappy in such a beautiful place? I do not understand why the way people talk bothers expat so much.Thai people don't care about this Pigeon English and think it is natural way of talking.I think maybe some have nothing to do and so have time to get in everyones business and look down on them.Funny thing is people in western countries look down on expats in Thailand.Think they are all drunken pedophiles and whoremongers. I know this not ttrue(in some cases it is) but the problem is people judging each other and looking down other people.I am British citizen and love England but I think there is problem with English people looking down too much on other people.I have to say American people not mostly like this.believe in equality and mostly live their own life and let other peole live theirs.

One other thing.My mother worked bar here in Thailand but not Pattaya,and my father one of the old decrepit guys as he would say himself He has told me himself lady like my mother,meaning young and beautiful,would not be with him in own country.I think poster who said all pattaya ladies are whores and such is insulted because he himself had to come here to find a mate.I think he should admit to himself he has more in common with the decrepit old man than he wants to think.If not he could find lady in his own country.I am not saying lady is with him only for money as I dont know her.If he had no money,would she be with him or maybe young Thai man.Not all bar ladies work in bar.

For papa John I do not know computers much and dontr know email but I like to meet you but now in Bangkok.My father is name John and I call him Papa John too.I hope everyone in Chiang Mai have good luck

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its time for a hug and a little song, brothers and sisters? :o

I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing

I'd like to build the world a home

And furnish it with love

Grow apple trees and honey bees

And snow-white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing

In perfect harmony

I'd like to hold it in my arms

And keep it company

I'd like to see the world for once

All standing hand in hand

And hear them echo through the hills

Ah, peace throughout the land

(That's the song I hear)

(That the world sings today)

In perfect harmony

In perfect harmony

And furnish it with love

And furnish it with love

In perfect harmony

And keep it company

(That's the song I hear)

In perfect harmony

In perfect harmony

And furnish it with love

God I wish that I could hide away

And find a wall to bang my brains

I'm living in a fantasy, a nightmare dream... reality

People ride about all day

In metal boxes made away

I wish that they would drop the bomb

And kill these c**** that don't belong

I hate people

I hate the human race

I hate people

I hate your ugly face

I hate people

I hate your f***** mess

I hate people

They hate me

My mother thinks that I am a jerk

Because I hate my bleeding work

Be like your daddy he's sincere

But don't be true... or you'll be q****

I'm working at my 9 to 5

with boring c**** that give me jibe

their talking of the love they give

they never give... they never give

I hate people

I hate the human race

I hate people

I hate your ugly face

I hate people

I hate your f***** mess

I hate people

They hate me

:D

i find expats VERY annoying who don't know how to spell pidgin english :o

Again with the spelling lessons.I find expats VERY annoying who correct spelling errors yet don't know English is capitalized. :D

I think people who don't leave two spaces after a full-stop are worse then vermin. :D

And furnish it with love

In perfect harmony

And keep it company

(That's the song I hear)

In perfect harmony

In perfect harmony

And furnish it with love

God I wish that I could hide away

And find a wall to bang my brains

I'm living in a fantasy, a nightmare dream... reality

People ride about all day

In metal boxes made away

I wish that they would drop the bomb

And kill these c**** that don't belong

I hate people

I hate the human race

I hate people

I hate your ugly face

I hate people

I hate your f***** mess

I hate people

They hate me

My mother thinks that I am a jerk

Because I hate my bleeding work

Be like your daddy he's sincere

But don't be true... or you'll be q****

I'm working at my 9 to 5

with boring c**** that give me jibe

their talking of the love they give

they never give... they never give

I hate people

I hate the human race

I hate people

I hate your ugly face

I hate people

I hate your f***** mess

I hate people

They hate me

I think the Anti Nowhere League might find they have a lot of fans on this forum. :D

I'm still trying to put out mellow vibes of harmony, love and friendship though. Are you feeling it yet? :D

The_New_Seekers_____Kumbaya_my_Lord.mp3

Hey can you give me the pigeon English version of this… I want to sing it to see if anyone understands

And furnish it with love

In perfect harmony

And keep it company

(That's the song I hear)

In perfect harmony

In perfect harmony

And furnish it with love

you need to get new friends, because they are speaking incorrect pidgin english!

Not to get technical on ya, but isn't it "I go house you" ....kind of like..... "phom bai baan khun" or sumpin like dat…..maybe that's why you didn't understand ;-)
Can somebody please explain to me how 'I go you house' is easier for a Thai to understand. Most of these baby-English phrases don't even follow Thai Grammar. It is just that somebody used this structure by mistake and now wally English speakers mimic it and by doing so give Thais the impression that it is the right way to speak.

If you read my post I used the example of 'I go you house' where the 'you' is before 'house'. Are you following this because it might be tricky for you here. In the wonderful Thai example you gave (you are obviously fluent) it came out as 'I go house you'. The 'you' is at the end of the sentence. See the difference? The pidgin English version that I hear, is what? Yes, Different from how it would be structured in Thai grammar. Is this too technical for you?

Edited by jellymeister

Expats who wear socks with sandles

and those old sods who dress like they are in their teens

and ferang who ride a moped with their kids sitting on it

and all those wasters without a personality pretending to be someone they could never be... your card is marked :o

you need to get new friends, because they are speaking incorrect pidgin english!
Not to get technical on ya, but isn't it "I go house you" ....kind of like..... "phom bai baan khun" or sumpin like dat…..maybe that's why you didn't understand ;-)
Can somebody please explain to me how 'I go you house' is easier for a Thai to understand. Most of these baby-English phrases don't even follow Thai Grammar. It is just that somebody used this structure by mistake and now wally English speakers mimic it and by doing so give Thais the impression that it is the right way to speak.

If you read my post I used the example of 'I go you house' where the 'you' is before 'house'. Are you following this because it might be tricky for you here. In the wonderful Thai example you gave (you are obviously fluent) it came out as 'I go house you'. The 'you' is at the end of the sentence. See the difference? The pidgin English version that I hear, is what? Yes, Different from how it would be structured in Thai grammar. Is this too technical for you?

I make allowances though if they make the effort to read things before responding to them. It sort of balances things out for me.

Supprisingly I have a gripe that no-one else has! Maybe it's only me! I HATE it when a farang goes everywhere without his shirt on...
Been thru most of this thread including PrbkkPr's alphabet failed to see:-

Ignorant, disrespectful slobs roaming around town or in a bar parading their ugly shirtless upper body in public...

I hate it when a member doesn't read through a thread carefully, and then posts the same as someone else did the previous day.

Gee some people must have a dull and boring life to have the time to correlate every post in a 7 page thread looking for similarities :o

Gee some people have a brain with a memory.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE when you see a stunning girl and I mean something that causes accidents and one bloke will say, nah her nose isnt real or her boobs are fake. I feel like punching them in tha face.

It really pisses me off.

Especially when you see a girl with a great set of tits and some bloke goes nah there fake etc. I mean who gives a phark.

Welcome to Jurassic Phark :o

I hate people that have read in a poxy guide book about haggling and then proceed to try and beat down a salesperson for a few baht making themselves look like a tight ass. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

I hate people that have read in a poxy guide book about haggling and then proceed to try and beat down a salesperson for a few baht making themselves look like a tight ass. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

They're just copying the Thais. Nothing wrong with that.

It annoys me when westerners feel the need to introduce their Thai girlfriend into the conversation by saying, 'she's a good girl' or similar inane comments. I don't see why people need to begin a conversation by trying to convince me that their gf/wife isn't a prostitute. I think it is really demeaning to the girl in question.

It annoys me when westerners feel the need to introduce their Thai girlfriend into the conversation by saying, 'she's a good girl' or similar inane comments. I don't see why people need to begin a conversation by trying to convince me that their gf/wife isn't a prostitute. I think it is really demeaning to the girl in question.
It's a symptom of Thailand. Sad fact that most westerners partners are hookers. It always makes me cringe on here when people write about their "university educated" or "middle class" girlfriend, why would you mention that unless.............

It's a symptom of Thailand. Sad fact that most westerners partners are hookers. It always makes me cringe on here when people write about their "university educated" or "middle class" girlfriend, why would you mention that unless.............

My favourite is, 'she is of Chinese descent'.

Edited by garro

Walk a mile in my shoes, walk a mile in my shoes

And before you abuse, criticize and accuse

Walk a mile in my shoes, shoes.

You got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend

When I was down you just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend

You just want to be on the side that's winning

You say I let you down you know it's not like that

If you're so hurt why then don't you show it

You say you lost your faith but that's not where it's at

You had no faith to lose and you know it

I know the reason that you talk behind my back

I used to be among the crowd you're in with

Do you take me for such a fool to think I'd make contact

With the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with

You see me on the street you always act surprised

You say, "How are you?" "Good luck" but you don't mean it

When you know as well as me you'd rather see me paralyzed

Why don't you just come out once and scream it

No, I do not feel that good when I see the heartbreaks you embrace

If I was a master thief perhaps I'd rob them

And now I know you're dissatisfied with your position and your place

Don't you understand it's not my problem

I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes

And just for that one moment I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes

You'd know what a drag it is to see you

:o

better re-read your original text and the response before mounting your pecksniffian high horse.........the whole point is that I have never heard anyone say in Pidgin " "I go you house", whereas I ALWAYS hear "I go house you......" hope that balances your imbalance for you ........no apology necessary!

I make allowances though if they make the effort to read things before responding to them. It sort of balances things out for me.

Edited by jellymeister

better re-read your original text and the response before mounting your pecksniffian high horse.........the whole point is that I have never heard anyone say in Pidgin " "I go you house", whereas I ALWAYS hear "I go house you......" hope that balances your imbalance for you ........no apology necessary!

Oh dear, this is getting is nowhere us it. I always read what I post, and I check other posts before responding to them. I can only respond to what you write at the time. I can't know what you are thinking when you write it, and I can't know what your going to say it means a day or two after you write it. That's just silly isn't it. I tell you what, you obviously want to feel like you are in the right here. So why don't I just let you save face by saying no more about it. After all, it is no skin off my nose. Have a nice day.

Edited by garro

BTW are you sure you always read what you post.????????..please re-check the following...you may have inadvertently started a new strain of pidgin with

Oh dear, this is getting is nowhere us it. I always read what I post,

No apology necessary....and please don't call me "dear"!

:-)

Oh dear, this is getting is nowhere us it. I always read what I post, and I check other posts before responding to them. I can only respond to what you write at the time. I can't know what you are thinking when you write it, and I can't know what your going to say it means a day or two after you write it. That's just silly isn't it. I tell you what, you obviously want to feel like you are in the right here. So why don't I just let you save face by saying no more about it. After all, it is no skin off my nose. Have a nice day.

i find expats VERY annoying who don't know how to spell pidgin english :D

Again with the spelling lessons.I find expats VERY annoying who correct spelling errors yet don't know English is capitalized. :D

for the record: "english" is not "capitalised". capitalisation of the word "english" looks like this: ENGLISH. the first letter of the word "english" [e.g. when referring to the language] may be typed or written with a capital letter if and when the writer posting in an internet forum so pleases. but whatever disagreements on capital letters might exist... they don't justify word creations such as "pidgeon english" or "pigeon english" :o

Well done Jellymeister, thank you for pointing out that error I made during my edit. It's nice to see that you are now paying more attention to the posts before you respond to them. Keep up the good work. I was beginning to think that you might be a poor learner, but you proved me wrong. Well done again. Not everyone is humble enough to learn from their mistakes.

huey

She saw ME and asked me some retarded sh!t like that. Like I'm some decrepit pot bellied, broke azz looser that would marry a whore from Pattaya. I said "What?" and looked at her like she lost her mind, she got shook and said mai pen rai as I thanked her for my drink and waled off.
She looked like some simple Issan farmer or something

you get mightily annoyed when someone stereotypes you as a foreigner married to a pattaya woman , and then you go and insultingly stereotype her as a "simple issan farmer".

:o:D

i find expats VERY annoying who don't know how to spell pidgin english :D

for the record: "english" is not "capitalised". capitalisation of the word "english" looks like this: ENGLISH. the first letter of the word "english" [e.g. when referring to the language] may be typed or written with a capital letter if and when the writer posting in an internet forum so pleases. but whatever disagreements on capital letters might exist... they don't justify word creations such as "pidgeon english" or "pigeon english" :o

For the record if first letter of English is not capitalized then it is wrong.Yes ,you and anyone else writing in this forum can spell any way they wish.You are the one obsessed with spelling and grammar,but personally I don't care how people spell or how correct their grammar might be.This is not high school,and personally I think reading this forum or anything else just to point out people's spelling errors is a little weird.