Need Some Advice

Hi I was afer some advice from you clued up guys on here. I am in Thailand and ready to re-apply for my stepdaughters visa (3rd time lucky). Anyway I have all my documents in order and feel as if I could not have prepared anymore tfor this application. The problem I have is that I was speaking to a guy who has a agency and was telling him about the application, he then proceeded to tell me about my bank statements, I have 6 months printed and ready to go, but I am in my overdraft facility. He told me I shold go home and not re-apply until I have this sorted out. Now obviously it would look better if I wasnt in my overdraft but thats where I am at at the moment, also when I applied for my wife's visa I was in the same position and they granted hers. Now I am thinking just go for it but its a lot of money to re-apply everytime. I can show that I have a sufficient amount coming in to my account every month, and I also have my p60 which shows me earning a amecable wage. Its just this fella has put the scares up me. What do you all think...

Cheers

Bang.......

ready to re-apply for my stepdaughters visa (3rd time lucky).

Is this a third attempt for the Daughters visa after two failed attempts? Or a third application of differing types of visa, just not absolutely clear to me, because it reads as though it is a third attempt after two previous failures, so have you addressed why they were rejected and if not what were the reasons in the first place?

Moss

Ok sorry fo not be very clear. This is a third attempt of a child settlement visa for the uk. Previous refusal's were because the ECO thought that my wife never had sole responsibility, regardless of being the custodial parent. I am pretty sure that I have addressed this issue, and have everything in hand. Its just that this guy I met said about my overdraft, to date i am overdrawn about 120 pound. But bearing in mind I have submitted my P60 which is proof of me earning about 42500 for the year. I have letters from my boss, who also sent a leter direct to the ambassador, ( my boss is Terance Conran ) Am I worrying for no reason?????

Cheers

Bang...............

Its just that this guy I met said about my overdraft, to date i am overdrawn about 120 pound.

Just any old guy, or did he know what he was talking about?

But bearing in mind I have submitted my P60 which is proof of me earning about 42500 for the year.

You have to reasonably show and provide evidence that you can provide for yourself and your family without recourse to certain public funds, this can be hampered by an overdraft, but it isn't really much of one, but that doesn't mean to say it cannot be denied.

However I am more concerned with

Previous refusal's were because the ECO thought that my wife never had sole responsibility, regardless of being the custodial parent. I am pretty sure that I have addressed this issue, and have everything in hand.

You need to address the previous refusals, sole custody and sole responsibility are two wholly separate animals, you need to provide evidence of having a governing and guiding hand on your daughters development and progress, if she was the custodial parent, could she not demonstrate this before and on two separate occasions? What have you done to rectify the situation?

This is a third attempt of a child settlement visa for the uk.

This is your third attempt and

Am I worrying for no reason?????
about the overdraft, possibly, but in my opinion this is a curved ball and has taken your thoughts away from the previous failures, I suggest you contact this Guy who helped me in a not too dissimilar situation.

Good Luck

Moss

This guy has an agency? Presumably offering immigration services? I hear alarm bells ringing. My cynicism is born out of experience gathered in living here a long time. Check him out at the Consulate.

My approach would be to go to the Consulate, tell them that you are sure that they are nice people and receive great pleasure in helping people solve their problems, and that they would not wish to play any part in preventing a joyful and loving family being together in your native country. I would ask them to state clearly and unequivocally any misgivings that they may have, what further information they require and how best you may assist them in coming to an agreeable solution. Keep the conversation as light as possible since I am sure that they are often on the receiving end of rudeness, and possible invective, from those whom they disappoint. Make sure to thank them for giving of their time and interest, and foster in them the idea that you are all working towards a common goal. I would take notes and then write a letter stating your understanding of what transpired at the meeting and ask them if your interpretation is accurate. Then do everything that they want you to do to make their task in getting the desired result easier. Soft soap I know, but bulldust always baffles brains and I from my dealings with any Government employees have no reason to think that the Consulate staff are endowed with super intelligence. Indeed quite to the contrary.