What's Up With Norby's In Surin?

dkstoney

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, last I was there the construction across the way was a bit noisy, but the beer's good and his food ain't half bad. Don't know anything about condiments, but you know these pensioners nowadays...5 day old tea bag in the pocket and nasty penchant for hot water.

:o

Yeah, last I was there the construction across the way was a bit noisy, but the beer's good and his food ain't half bad. Don't know anything about condiments, but you know these pensioners nowadays...5 day old tea bag in the pocket and nasty penchant for hot water.

:D

:D:D

I would even go as far as to say ITS THE BEST DRAFT BEER IN SURIN. :D Pizza's are good too. :o

Maybe, its about time I paid him a visit.

Dave

It's nothing to do with that. Apparantly, so I hear, he put his beer prices up,so the locals that Nobby had now use the coffee shop in the bus station. Toney's not far off when he says that a lot of them carry their own tea-bags cause they can get hot water free. :o When I do my weekly shopping for coffee and some cheeses and things at Nobby's there's never anyone in now days. Shame, cause I do like the guy.He came and had a chat with me last week,pouring out his troubles. I think he has got to the stage where he hates Surin. I personally think he is in the wrong position. His street IS the livliest street in Surin, but only between the hours of 23.00 & 02.30 when he's closed.

Sad customers who would rather sit in somewhere they don't want to be for the sake of about Bt5 a drink. Sad, very sad.

My favorite watering hole raised a big bottle of Archa from 30 baht to 35 baht. Should I find a new watering hole? :o

Nobby and 2 other Swiss/German guys visited me for lunch last week, and did comment that business was very slow these days.

We shut at six mondays, soI'm taking my new family round there for dinner tonight to do my bit in alleviating his worries. :o

We shut at six mondays, soI'm taking my new family round there for dinner tonight to do my bit in alleviating his worries. :D

Give him a bonus..... take the old family as well :D

Yeah good idea - and as usual that'll be males at one table..........females at another :o

We shut at six mondays, soI'm taking my new family round there for dinner tonight to do my bit in alleviating his worries. :D

Give him a bonus..... take the old family as well :D

Yeah good idea - and as usual that'll be males at one table..........females at another :o

Come on lads leave it aht..................................I did go and had a splendid 'Chilli con Carne'.

Quite simple answer really.....

He charges Pattaya prices for beer, in Surin.

No dancing girls considering the price of the above.

All his food is smoked.

Was the chilli con carne smoked Martin?

The beer smells smokey.

Not my words but many other ex-patrons of the place. But, hey I've said it for them.

On top of that, who wants to sit in a place where the landlord stands there with a face like a smacked a*se? Not me! I've been there, I know.

I think he has the possibillity of a really good place there, but it is not going to work, unless the owner is in touch with what his patrons want and at what price, not his. Obviously he has to make a profit, but you start at the ground floor. First thing is to get them drinking in a nice relaxing environment, then they might start coming back and enjoying some food with there better 1/3rd's. Hence word of mouth will spread and hey presto! A decent business.

Hey John.............nice to see you posting again. We all miss you here. Fell down any good steps in UK?

Not yet. They don't serve me 12 bottles of Leo and a bottle of sangsom here. :D

Suppose I/You'll have to wait until later on in the year. Then :o

John.

Edited by johnsurin

• 1 month later...

:P

:(:D

I would even go as far as to say ITS THE BEST DRAFT BEER IN SURIN. :burp: Pizza's are good too. :D

Maybe, its about time I paid him a visit.

Dave

Update on old thread

Not all good news, I'm genuinely sorry to say. :D

Been in a few times in the last month and have been the ONLY customers. Place looks no different but he has put the price of the loverly Bottled German Beer DOWN. :P

Took my Thai mate to try real beer thats not concocted in Thailand. NO DRAFT BEER as not enough demand! Most disappointed. :D

Discussed this topic with one of his rotund competitors and we decided he needs to get the word out on the Inter-knitting Web. To Germany and beyond!! :D

Its not nice to see someone struggle, even when they could do better. :o

Dave (Surin Chambermaid of Commerce)

• 2 months later...
I would even go as far as to say ITS THE BEST DRAFT BEER IN SURIN. :D Pizza's are good too. :o

Dave

Update on old thread

Place looks no different but he has put the price of the loverly Bottled German Beer DOWN. :D

Took my Thai mate to try real beer thats not concocted in Thailand. NO DRAFT BEER as not enough demand! Most disappointed. :D

Dave

Hi All

Update on Update on old thread

ITS BACK

My favourite Draft Beer in Surin! :D:(:D

Dave (CAMRA, Surin representative)

Sad customers who would rather sit in somewhere they don't want to be for the sake of about Bt5 a drink. Sad, very sad.

My favorite watering hole raised a big bottle of Archa from 30 baht to 35 baht. Should I find a new watering hole? :o

Almost Bht 11,000.00 per year!

Wow that sounds SOooo much. Nearly 3 weeks UK pension per year(so I'm told?) :D

I raised my big bottles of Archa from 40 to 45 and no-one complained

Well........no-one that wants to come back again did :D

I raised my big bottles of Archa from 40 to 45 and no-one complained

Well........no-one that wants to come back again did :D

That's why I take no chances......................................

and stick to Singha :D

Edited by bergen

Archa currently wholesaling around here at just over Bht 44,000.00/tonne.

I know off topic - good luck to Norby...I seem to remember going down there on the opening day..ish..

But I had a little win on the football...so I thought you might like to see the result

Should any of you care to mention one of these bottles the first 5 will get a part of the tonnes of archer in the shape of one bottle!!

post-66955-1223779455_thumb.jpg

Hi 473geo

That Fullers Honey Beer is good stuff. I went to a Piss-up in thier Chiswick brewery when it was introduced.Mmmmm Free Beer :D

St Austell Ales are good after a hard day on the Cornbined Harvester :o

Badgers tastes like Badger and the rest come from over the water! (Thames BTW)

Dave(you can leave my prize at the FC,Surin)