D-link Wireless Adsl Router Problem

jbowman1993

I have a D-Link Wireless ADSL router hooked up to the phone line (True 2mb ADSL), and then hooked into my desktop.

Desktop works fine, but when i use my notebook, it will work for like 3-5 minutes, and then just stops working. I can't figure it out. I figure it must be the router, because my notebook wireless works fine everywhere else. Should i reinstall the router software? Take it back and get a replacement?

I have a D-Link Wireless ADSL router hooked up to the phone line (True 2mb ADSL), and then hooked into my desktop.

Desktop works fine, but when i use my notebook, it will work for like 3-5 minutes, and then just stops working. I can't figure it out. I figure it must be the router, because my notebook wireless works fine everywhere else. Should i reinstall the router software? Take it back and get a replacement?

What model is the router? Also, can you login to the router and tell me the firmware version? I had a d-link router with similar issues that worked much better after a firmware upgrade.

I concur with both of the above responses. Get the latest firmware for your model from the DLink website (just type the model number and "firmware" in google should get you there).

And get the latest wireless drivers for your notebook. Depending on brand, that might be trickier. It's usually an Intel chipset, but the Intel website is a bit retarded for downloading and doesn't make it easy for you. You have to know your chipset name/number.