Rough Price For Custom Rims?

I want to buy some 17"-18" (probably white color) rims for my new car... what is the kind of price one would expect to pay for wheel, and how much for low profile tires?

(I know prices will vary a lot, but just throw some numbers out there)

I just want to get some figures in my head before i walk into the shop; they give me price and i say "uhhh.. is that for 1 or all 4?" (and look like an idiot waiting to get ripped off)

Edited by dave111223

If you don't really know what you're looking for,I suggest a visit to one of the major chains,eg Car Boutique on SriNakarin Rd.The prices per wheel are stated and good packages can be bought.

Secondly,do your homework on some English language websites to see what style you want.Most of the wheels in the shops here are copies of well known brands,for example an original set of Nismo 5 spokes fetch 100,000 baht+..copies are around 16-20,000.

Good luck!

Edit:Have a look here for some ideas http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Proton/Gen2

Edited by Skyline

If you don't really know what you're looking for,I suggest a visit to one of the major chains,eg Car Boutique on SriNakarin Rd.The prices per wheel are stated and good packages can be bought.

Secondly,do your homework on some English language websites to see what style you want.Most of the wheels in the shops here are copies of well known brands,for example an original set of Nismo 5 spokes fetch 100,000 baht+..copies are around 16-20,000.

Good luck!

Edit:Have a look here for some ideas http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Proton/Gen2

So generally if i point at a wheel and ask how much (assuming no prices are marked) they will quote per wheel or for the set of 4?

The wheels I like are around $100-150 USD per wheel online, should i expect to pay more or less than in the US?

I'm looking for something like these:

brosridexw6.jpg

Learn some Thai!

Wheels are the easiest car part to purchase in Bangkok,there are hundreds of shops seling them.

As I said, 4000 baht per wheel = approx $100-$150,so not worth buying online unless shipping is included.

Are you looking for original wheels or copies?

This will have a big affect on your budget....As an example,compare Spoon original wheels @ 480USD per wheel to 'Spoon' copies @ 100USD per wheel.

Proton is a smallish car, and 17" would be really pushing it (in terms of ride quality). I have 17" on a civic and wouldn;t go to 18". 18" are much more expensive also, and so are the tyres. In 17" you might be loking at tyres which are 205 or max 215 series (and you might get rubbing issues also).

On a car this size I would consider 16" as a good compromise (assuming you can get the design you like). They will be cheaper too.

As an example, now i have Michelin Pilot Preceda 215/45/17 - around $4600 each (other places they were a bit more expensive), and the wheeks were similarly prices (Lenso - good local brand). I reckon you could add at least 2000-3000 per item in 18" size. I've seen 18" yokohamas (admittedly and expensive tyre), for 8000 baht each!

Some tyre shops have "deals", where you get the set - wheels and tyres , for around 30000 baht (17").

These prices are generally fixed (ask to see their offical price list), so they won't rip you off. You might even get a discount, and get some trade in on your original set.

Proton is a smallish car, and 17" would be really pushing it (in terms of ride quality). I have 17" on a civic and wouldn;t go to 18". 18" are much more expensive also, and so are the tyres. In 17" you might be loking at tyres which are 205 or max 215 series (and you might get rubbing issues also).

On a car this size I would consider 16" as a good compromise (assuming you can get the design you like). They will be cheaper too.

As an example, now i have Michelin Pilot Preceda 215/45/17 - around $4600 each (other places they were a bit more expensive), and the wheeks were similarly prices (Lenso - good local brand). I reckon you could add at least 2000-3000 per item in 18" size. I've seen 18" yokohamas (admittedly and expensive tyre), for 8000 baht each!

Some tyre shops have "deals", where you get the set - wheels and tyres , for around 30000 baht (17").

These prices are generally fixed (ask to see their offical price list), so they won't rip you off. You might even get a discount, and get some trade in on your original set.

Thanks!

I will make sure the wheel are gonna fit properly (with no rubbing) before i purchase them, as i made that mistake in the past... I put 17" rims on my car in US (ordered them online so pretty much had to just guess that they would fit), if i had more than 2 people in the car and went over a speed bump you'd hear a nasty zzzzzinnnnggg as the tire rubbed against the wheel well... you live and learn.

I have just been quoted 58,000 for a set of 4 18" alloys in black with low profile tryes. The have also offered me 15,000 baht for my standard triton plus wheels which are a week old. It seems ok but I have no real idea if this is a good price or not

I'm not sure what size of tires, I'm just looking for a really general price range.

Car is proton gen-2.

18s will go on that, staggered fit will be 215-35-18 front 245-30-18 rear, about 45000 wheels and tyres, id go to 17s same size front and rear, 20k,

post-41326-1212219340_thumb.jpg

I have just been quoted 58,000 for a set of 4 18" alloys in black with low profile tryes. The have also offered me 15,000 baht for my standard triton plus wheels which are a week old. It seems ok but I have no real idea if this is a good price or not
Price for yours is ok, if the tyres in the 18s arent BFG they are too dear,

I want to buy some 17"-18" (probably white color) rims for my new car... what is the kind of price one would expect to pay for wheel, and how much for low profile tires?

(I know prices will vary a lot, but just throw some numbers out there)

I just want to get some figures in my head before i walk into the shop; they give me price and i say "uhhh.. is that for 1 or all 4?" (and look like an idiot waiting to get ripped off)

This is a definate quote ( but in pattaya ) volk/rays copies in white with 205-40-17 siverstone tyres at 23000, with nitto tyres 27600 or bridgestone tyres 30000,

Thanks for the replies, good stuff (now just got to convince the wife that spending the additional baht on the car is worth it :o ).

Leads me to another question, do you think any of the shops would buy/trade-in the manufactures wheels that come with the car (15", i just don't like the style and want bigger).

I live in a condo so would have no where to keep the original wheels anyways.