Where To Find Miracle Fruit

Gluestick

Miracle fruit is the papaya. It contains the digestive enzyme pepsin(ase). When you consume sugar, you are also consuming asbestos. All sugar is contaminated with microscopic asbestos fibres, (from old conveyor belts?) The fibres are ingested by your defensive CD14 white blood cells, (WBC) where they release iron. This iron is then is converted into another form, and leaves the inside of the cell, only to coat the surface of the WBC. This inactivates the WBC which then can no longer absorb, digest (kill) virus, bacteria, parasites, detox dyes, heavy metals etc. Another way you can dissolve this coating is with MSM, (methyl-sulphomene-sulphate) supplements. Moral to this story eat ZERO sugar, and eat lotsa papaya. That is why I have a laugh when people come up with this... Thai food is healthy nonsense. Nearly all prepared Thai food contains added sugar, and added MSG (E621) a neurotoxin Quite often restaurant food is microwaved to thaw the frozen produce or heat rapidly, this introducing carcinogenic glycolitic compounds into the food, that alter your blood chemistry, and destroys ALL vitamins. My restaurant order. No PONGCHUROD, (Thai for MSG), NO sugar, NO microwave. You wanna live dont you? Well if you dont care, thats up to you. I care. Others may also. Live long and prosper. Spock.[/i]

Edited by thomast

I said miracle fruit is papaya, I was not referring to the fruit mentioned by the thread starter.. Miracle means it does something great, not just plays with flavours. Sorry to confuse you farma.

Edited by thomast

• 1 month later...

I bought a Miracle Fruit plant in Chiang Mai recently at the Khamtieng market for 400 baht. Its a small shrub about 60cm tall and so far has produced about 10 berries in a month. The shop said that it has flowers and berries all year long. I would imagine that its possible to find it in Bangkok since some local research had been done to see whether it would be useful for diabetics as a natural sweetener, ie. a way to make food taste sweeter without changing the food in any way. It is magical little berry, has no side effects and is fun to experiment with. Its a very non-intuitive experience, the taste of familiar foods is changed into something you don't expect. Sour fruits like lemons or limes taste wonderfully sweet. The effect lasts about half an hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit

Hi there, this fruit is called 'mack kam pom' it is found in the forests of northern thailand it has the diameter of a five baht coin and is green. The change to sweet happens more noticably when you drink some water whilst eating the fruit.

You can find them in BKK as this is where I first ate one, the second time I was on a Pai-Mae Hong Song bus when my girlfriend gave me one. She was totally shocked when I knew its name and that I had eaten one in BKK as she said it was 'jungle food'.

I hope this helps you.

B

Edited by booma

There's also some kind of small leafy vegetable that they serve with raw oysters sometimes. The idea is you eat a bit of the plant first and then the oyster tastes noticeably sweeter. No idea if it works with other things.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone found this around Thailand?

Supposedly there is a place around Ban Chang (halfway between pattaya and koh samed) that is running a fairly large growing operation. Anyone have more info, location, name, or phone number of this place?

Even better would be a place in bangkok.

Hi there, this fruit is called 'mack kam pom' it is found in the forests of northern thailand it has the diameter of a five baht coin and is green. The change to sweet happens more noticably when you drink some water whilst eating the fruit.

You can find them in BKK as this is where I first ate one, the second time I was on a Pai-Mae Hong Song bus when my girlfriend gave me one. She was totally shocked when I knew its name and that I had eaten one in BKK as she said it was 'jungle food'.

I hope this helps you.

B

Can anyone give the Thai spelling or English name for this fruit?

Miracle fruit is the papaya. It contains the digestive enzyme pepsin(ase). When you consume sugar, you are also consuming asbestos. All sugar is contaminated with microscopic asbestos fibres, (from old conveyor belts?) The fibres are ingested by your defensive CD14 white blood cells, (WBC) where they release iron. This iron is then is converted into another form, and leaves the inside of the cell, only to coat the surface of the WBC. This inactivates the WBC which then can no longer absorb, digest (kill) virus, bacteria, parasites, detox dyes, heavy metals etc. Another way you can dissolve this coating is with MSM, (methyl-sulphomene-sulphate) supplements. Moral to this story eat ZERO sugar, and eat lotsa papaya. That is why I have a laugh when people come up with this... Thai food is healthy nonsense. Nearly all prepared Thai food contains added sugar, and added MSG (E621) a neurotoxin Quite often restaurant food is microwaved to thaw the frozen produce or heat rapidly, this introducing carcinogenic glycolitic compounds into the food, that alter your blood chemistry, and destroys ALL vitamins. My restaurant order. No PONGCHUROD, (Thai for MSG), NO sugar, NO microwave. You wanna live dont you? Well if you dont care, thats up to you. I care. Others may also. Live long and prosper. Spock.[/i]

That surely comes from another planet or you were complete drunk when you wrote that...........

Never read such a nonsense.

Looks like Orange Sunshine is back on the market. :o

• 2 years later...

You can find this plant at JJ (Chatuchak) market. I know of at least three sellers who stock it. One is around toilet number 4.

The Anglicised name of the Miracle fruit plant is "Don Asajan". It is the same plant people are talking about. Little red berries that turn sour stuff sweet.

These plants sell for about 150-200 baht. I paid 200 baht for a large plant with a label "miracle plant" (on a weekend, end Jan 2011). It had about 10 red berries on it and plenty more on the way. The red berries do turn sour stuff sweet. We grabbed some limes, sour mango, sour strawberries, pomelo and cherry tomatoes nearby and they all tasted sweet. My thai girlfriend was annoyed because her chicken tom yum noodles also tasted ridiculously sweet.

Later that night we had a party and shared out the berries, everyone was amazed and had fun. I have found that with the bright red berries (some were still slightly green), they can be cut in half and the effect seems just as strong, so they can go around more people. I told people to chew and suck them for a minute or two. Also, slightly green berries can still work somewhat.

The effect lasts about an hour. Prepare beforehand with sour/bitter foods, otherwise there is no effect.

The plants should not have too much sun and need normal watering (I guess morning and evening).

Enjoy!

I have a few of these plants, and you need to keep them where birds won't get to them as then you will NOT have berries all year round.

The sour to sweet thing is kind of a novelty that wears thin after awhile. Just something fun to offer guests (particularly amusing with liquor).

:)

Edited by Heng

i also wear a tinfoil hat

It's logic, Spock, but not as we know it...

Miracle Fruit is a colloquial name for Synsepalum Dulcificum, a red berry that inhibits the sour taste, so that traditionally sour citrus fruits taste sweet. This should not be confused with Pueraria Mirifica, the miracle tubor that increases a woman's breast size. Personally, I find much more use for the latter than the former.

In any case, if you want Synsepalum Dulcificum, it's alibaba to the rescue:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/104661270/Sale_MIRACLE_FRUIT_PLANTS_30_Tall.html

Their website is here: http://www.bkinterplants.com/

I have no idea who they are, I just checked the alibaba website for suppliers in Thailand.

Edit:

Let's also not leave out Fleabay as a resource:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIRACLE-FRUIT-PLANT-Synsepalum-dulcificum-1-year-/150544739678?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230d2a6d5e

No idea where Siampalm is actually located, but clearly in Thailand somewhere.

Edited by gregb